2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

The guy you tapped would probably find it less cool

As an adult, that scene is funny as all get out to me. It’s like suddenly Star Wars has become like Dilbert, we’ve got a boring meeting room with a bunch of boring white guys in suits except one of them is a giant scary robot man? Then one of them starts busting on Darth Vader’s religion and they don’t seem to take Vader seriously at all. It’s almost a sketch comedy bit. You know these guys all start talking shit once Vader leaves the room.

4 Likes

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” is one of the GOAT movie lines

1 Like

It’s funny because these guys should all be scared shitless of Darth Vader but they’re still cracking jokes and generally being smartasses.

So question for the hive:

I moved into a newly constructed neighborhood a few months ago. We were one of the first the move in. Slowly neighbors have been coming in around us.

My wife really wanted a camera security system. I think it’s a bit ridiculous myself, but she really likes to be able to see what’s going on in front of the house yada yada. Bought some ring cameras, put them up. They work great.

A few months later, after more people come in, the wifi connection is no longer stable. I think it’s because of increased interference from the neighbors? Plan is to create a little mesh network to expand our signal. I’m not lighting money on fire right?

1 Like

Do you not use mesh routers now? A few years ago I upgraded to google mesh wifi routers and the difference was significant. I think it’s totally worth it.

2 Likes

I have a Comcast router/modem only thing (Comcast is the only provider in my area). Adding some mesh things to that is the plan.

1 Like

yeah the provider routers suck. Once you’re in a house mesh is the way to go.

1 Like

I just added on the comcast version of mesh things. It looked like it would be about the same cost, and I won’t be able to have another isp for years at least

oh well, that’s capitalism

1 Like

Do you know who Alix Earle is?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Is changing the channel on the router still a thing? That’s what I used to do years ago if the connection felt spotty.

Does anyone do kickboxing? At what point do your knees develop callouses or thick skin or whatever?

My 7 year old just finished her first karate lesson, came home, and then promptly accidentally kicked me in the knee. Does that count?

2 Likes

I think the Muy Thai fighters roll a glass coke bottle on their shins to deaden the nerve endings. I read that in a book about fighting. YMMV.

This seems like it would have long term negative consequences… Those nerve endings are there for a reason…

Eye of the tiger, baby. Eye of the tiger.

1 Like

You should get her a copy of The Westing Game ASAP.

1 Like

:vince1: