2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

right and wrong are relative concepts and 99.9% of people don’t even follow their own relative moral compass. it isn’t bad vs good, it’s just animals doing what they’ve been doing since the dawn of time

9 Likes

Lulz

The grift keeps rolling…

I can’t see tucker making any serious cash off of this. the derps have too many free sources, aint nobody paying this guy

I’m guessing there are at least a couple of foreign actors who will pay him.

1 Like

Boomers aren’t ever going to migrate to a streaming platform, we’ve already seen how Tucker’s fans refused to follow him when he jumped ship from broadcast TV to online. He’s going to be competing with a jillion other far-right streaming grifters and I don’t think he has an edge.

How much money did Glenn Beck make with The Blaze? Once he left Fox News he disappeared from the public consciousness.

Glenn Beck also went anti-Trump for a brief period, which killed his brand. His current viewers are just an extremely weird subgroup of evangelical freaks.

Got an email about a training for working with “LGBTGEQIAP+” individuals. Maybe a sign I really need to attend the training but not sure just indefinitely adding letters is the best way to convey information? Should we be starting to just say and spell out what we actually mean at this point?

Just go with LGBT+ because at some point this gets ridiculous.

but that’s not inclusive!

I am in still in awe that asexuals who never faced any discrimination or persecution somehow managed to sneak their way in there.

Yeah I felt the “+” was a pretty elegant approach to convey inclusivity but also still retain the benefit of using an acronym in first place. Granted I guess most people don’t say the plus out loud but I do think having a comically long acronym is worse.

ETA also please don’t roast me if acronym is wrong word lol

I think asexuals who are open about it get plenty of flack.

Do they though? In any way comparable to the other lettered groups? For starters, it’s very easy to fly under the radar but in case they decide to be open about it:
How often are asexuals denied a job or housing opportunity? How often are they denied the the right to marry? How often are they rejected by their family? How often are they physically attacked or harassed? How often do they face all the hostility that members of the LGTBQ community do?

Probably not. It’s not discrimination/persecution exactly, but sex/sexuality is omnipresent in our culture and it’s got to be pretty uncomfortable to feel completely outside of it.

That’s like twice the price of Ryan’s world.

Also high school students taking college level courses, apparently.

I’ve always been partial to LGBTQ, because it makes me want to host a LGBBQ, but I tend to use LGBTQ+