2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Where is that two button meme?

this has to be the worst timeline

No jail time for Chair Guy :+1:

3 Likes

7 Likes

So good.

Got a mod email from 2+2 today asking about starting a thread… weird.

I’m a little over the coffee I’ve been drinking and want to branch out. Generally like dark roasts with fruity flavors, but pretty open generally. Anyone got a place they like to order from? When I google shit it’s all scammy subscription places.

Just go to your nearest coffee shop and buy a pound of beans there.

1 Like

The subscription ones where you they try and match the beans to your taste doesn’t sound that scammy unless you think they’re just sending you whatever they have and saying it fits your profile?

there’s not much in the way of independent coffee shops near me

I dunno they just seem scammy to me. Could try them just generally don’t trust anything on google searches right now, it’s all techbro sponsored bullshit

drinktrade.com is getting pushed by a couple of podcasts that I listen to and sounds interesting, may be worth a look. I pay a buck a cup for Nespresso so I haven’t been in the market for beans for a long time so I don’t know what prices are good or not, drink trade at least seems to get you coffee quickly after it has been roasted so it may be fresher than a grocery store.

“Bag of coffee from place you like” sounds like perfect idea to give someone who asking for Christmas gift ideas assuming you know they the type not to give you Folgers instant

I use Mayorga Cafe Cubano for my espresso. It is dark and rich, nutty/chocolatey.

1 Like

Holy crap, I bet I could put milk froth and caramel syrup into cheap ass coffee and not need to use the Nespresso machine at all!

1 Like

Pick a standard of human flourishing and it’s never been close to as good as it is now. How do you reconcile that with the bad guys always winning? Have you ever looked into history? I would suggest Fukuyama’s Origins of Political Order or DeLong’s Slouching Toward Utopia to the extent you are interested in believing things that are true rather than simply expressing generalized frustration. Or maybe move to California, where things are not like Ohio or South Carolina.

This is only a contradiction if you believe the bad guys’ goal is to make life miserable for everyone else instead of just making life better for themselves.

Happy Mug is always excellent, reasonably priced, and has a good range of “coffee” flavored coffee to limited exotic offerings. I keep a bag of Guatemala at all times for the girlfriend and guests, it’s just a nice clean traditional taste, although there are a few others that would also fit the bill. Then I get a couple of the special roasts for myself with every order. Those are always changing so I just pick what looks interesting. It’s extra nice for me cause they can ship to my house in a couple days (east coast) but I wouldn’t mind if it took a couple extra days either.

1 Like

Go to your local chain store. Be rude and complain about everything.

They’ll mix you up some special blends, just for you and free of charge.

1 Like

When I was geeking out on coffee, Sweet Maria’s was one of my go-to places. They mainly focus on home roasting, but it looks like they sell some roasted coffee as well.

https://www.sweetmarias.com/green-coffee/roasted-coffee.html

1 Like