2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Straight to execution
https://x.com/seantrende/status/1735098330307289352?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

god i used to love ordering bloomin onion during the pandemic

I get that too, it’s reasonably priced at Costco and really solid quality . I also mostly drink espresso drinks with it

1 Like

That’s… not that much for 3 steaks, two lobster tails, two full apps and a sandwich including tax and tip?

What creep is door dashing lobster tails from Outback is the bigger question

Yeah, what does he want to claim he was paying in 2019?

Makes my washing machine and this:

https://www.geaerospace.com/press-release/other-news-information/ge-aerospace-demonstrates-hypersonic-dual-mode-ramjet-rotating

So my 4 year old daughter has strep throat. Prescribed Azithromycin 5 day course. Dosing is a double dose on day 1 (6 ml), followed by a 3ml dose on days 2-5, one dose per day. Gave her the first dose (liquid) around 6:10 pm, and then a cup of blue Italian ices. She does take a while to eat the Italian ices. Around 7:25 pm, she throws up, the vomit is blue and there’s a lot, appears to be a lot/most of the Italian ices. Thoughts on whether she needs to be given any additional dose? Thoughts on whether tomorrow’s dose should be the double dose? Leaning towards not without calling doctor’s on-call service, but doctor’s on-call service is absolutely terrible, goes to some kind of answering service that basically always just says “take her in” and if it’s after hours or the weekend it’s “take her to the ER.” The walk-ins here are terrible, and i don’t want to wait in a walk-in waiting room with my sick daughter for 4 hours tomorrow, which is why I’m using google and these boards instead of calling the answering service.

Thoughts from our medical and science professionals? @CaffeineNeeded

I would proceed as if she got the full dose, and only go to the ER if vomiting continues.

Azithromycin is a weird choice though. Would have preferred 4 or 5 abx before that, even if there’s a penicillin allergy.

1 Like

Thank you. She was able to keep her normal dose down this morning and seems a little better.

Yeah, Azithromycin definitely not the first choice, giving my daughter any medication is a fucking nightmare, she has an incredibly sensitive stomache. Years ago she got a rash after being on amoxicillin for 7 days and started throwing up, so they’ve got her down as a possible allergy to that. She’s also tried omnicef before and pretty much immediately throws up. The doc does Azithromycin now for must bacterial stuff she has because it seems to be the only antibiotic we’ve tried that doesn’t always lead to immediate vomiting.

1 Like

lol this shit actually works?

Boomers are scam magnets with zero common sense. They’ll cough up their credit card and bank account info to absolutely anyone.

2 Likes

It’s much more what you would traditionally expect - pretended to be a text from a wrong number, then developed into a “romantic” relationship that coincidentally involved investment advice and crypto.

1 Like

I get these like once a month. It’s obvious within two texts that you’re talking to someone with a tenuous grasp of English who is pretending to be in whatever city you say you’re in despite the wrong area code. I just cannot connect the dots from there to my credit card number

It’s probably like the Nigerian Prince thing where it’s deliberately outrageous so they only hook the absolute stupidest people imaginable

This. From a time-management standpoint you really want to eliminate people with any functioning brain cells right off the bat.

1 Like

“The floor is lava.”

-Everyone, Pompei, 79AD

1 Like

“Did you know:
The only natural enemy of the hole, is the pile.”

My wife and I have dinner with her parents once a week and her dad is always telling us about some scam or another that he almost fell for but realized it was a scam at the last minute. It stresses her out because he always tells the stories as if he’s super smart and unscammable but it seems like it’s a matter of time before the story ends with “I lost $10k”

1 Like

I don’t really understand how these people accumulate $250,000 in the first place without getting scammed out of it. Like they somehow avoided all the other everyday scams and saved money sensibly but then one day they they fall for this one scam and loose everything.

Often they prey on olds who have lost their mental acuity or have legit dementia. Mentally, they’re not the same as the person who accumulated the wealth.

3 Likes