2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

My niece announced she’s pregnant again with the baby due in July.

That will give her 4 under the age of 6.

Kids are like martinis: one or two is fine, but three or more is just asking for trouble.

2 Likes

Doing some last minute shopping at Kroger and picked up some “Mr beast” “deez nutz” chocolate bars for the kids stockings

Nah, kids close together means you’re not parenting for 30 years, and they play together better

1 Like

I think you mean margaritas, and they’re only trouble when you get to 5

I haven’t posted on Twitter in months but I can’t quit completely, you never see shit like this on Bsky

https://twitter.com/mcdonaldskhole/status/1739233021926990069

Brag: 2 year old had a great christmas and was remarkably well behaved.

Beat: Woke up with a 103 fever

Variance: Covid… negative. Still on team Novid, for now. Going to get a flu/rsv/covid PCR swab because I’m on shift without a reliable sick call option.

Update: flu A positive, fucking hell flu vaccine let me down

Ugh, sorry. I would rather have COVID than flu right now based on reports from friends (without factoring in unknown long-term consequences).

1 Like

Question: If you don’t believe what you are saying, but what you are saying is actually true, are you lying?

I’d say yes, because it’s the intent that makes it a lie

1 Like

So this is a weird one… For the fourth time in two years, the lymph node on the top of my foot/lower ankle is painfully swollen/hard. If I didn’t notice the lymph node I would think I sprained the ankle, but I didn’t do anything to injure it. I did walk a ton last week on Tues/Wed but this didn’t start til Fri/Sat. I don’t think I’m sick, but in the past it seems like this happens when I’m feeling a little rundown/possibly sick but not like all the way sick.

No other lymph nodes are causing pain and I haven’t noticed any others being hard or swollen.

Anyone ever had this or heard of it? @CaffeineNeeded any ideas here?

I’m assuming staying off that ankle because it hurts and pounding fluids to help my lymphatic system is the move… Not sure if I should be going to a doctor if this keeps happening every 6-12 months…

Yes, intention matters more than being accidently right.

It depends.

I can’t be arsed up to look it up and check for sure but are there lymph nodes in the feet?

So then by that logic, if you believe what you are saying, even if it is factually false, you aren’t lying. Or in other words, George Costanza was right when he said, “Jerry just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it.”

I’m actually curious for you to expand on this. I heard this question asked recently and thought it was a pretty interesting philosophical question.

Whooo boy haven’t had a fever like this a long time.

Yes, and I’m like 90% sure this is one. Not sure what other type of little pea sized thing would get hard and swollen sometimes and not be noticeable otherwise.

Personally sounds worth getting checked out so you know what it is and even if something benign they may be able to address to stop it from bothering you. Ganglion cyst for example.

1 Like