2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

No fever for 24 hours, feeling a lot better. Can’t speak because of a sore throat but finally don’t feel like complete ass

3 Likes

Sounds like you need tea, honey, and three days of uninterrupted rest football.

2 Likes

Frfr

Unfortunately, toddler in the house so that’s not happening.

Wife really saved my ass the past three days. Gotta pay it back. She got her flu shot three weeks ago unlike me who got it in October so she didn’t get sick at all

1 Like

Has Pinker always been a racist? I only remember him being a moron.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is this succinct reply:

Are you required to get it by a certain date for work? My wife has to get hers early for the hospital they do clinicals in, and while I’m all for mandating it for medical workers, it seems like they shouldn’t be forced to get it before the optimal time. Ever since the pandemic, I’ve been aiming to get my flu shot and covid booster two weeks before Thanksgiving. Gives them time to kick into full gear for the holiday season, and stretches the peak protection into mid-February to cover the heart of cold and flu season.

I had four different amazon orders arrive today and they just left this huge industrial kevlar tote bag thing on my porch with all the items in it

Not required at my shop

Once you have kids getting sick really sucks ass. You don’t get to rest and get better, you still gotta take care of the kids.

1 Like

Easily the best news I’ve gotten since my daughter is that my wife’s parents are moving from a 2 day drive away to the same town. They’re so helpful and in great shape, I have to stop them from doing to much when they visit. It’ll be nice to have them just in case one of us gets really sick at any point

Just epic good news for me.

7 Likes

Be careful

IMG_0688

1 Like

Yeah it’s a massive deal. I’m sure someone has studied this but I feel a not insignificant amount of societal malaise in US is related to so many people living isolated from their tribes. (Obviously some parents are bad but I feel like humans are still pack animals imo)

2 Likes

We lived 1.5h away for the first several years, then we moved away.

Both sets could be both very helpful but also a challenge.

So many families in Philly area are all here.

lol getting the fuck away from our families saved my life and my marriage but good for those whose parents don’t have personality disorders

2 Likes

Basically all my friends who have kids get 10x the support from their parents with their children that I or my brother get from ours. And my mom still complains about why we don’t make the 6 hour drive more often.

Like, if I come to visit my mom will spend 6 hours of time preparing a massive multi course feast to play host but will be completely disinterested in playing with her grandkids. I don’t need all the food mom, why don’t we just order takeout and I can nap for 2 hours while you bond with your grandkids?

If I need any break at all I am paying retail for a babysitter.

My mom lives 3 miles down the road and I’m not sure how people raise kids without helpful family nearby. My 84 year old grandma is also in very good shape and lives nearby and still will watch our kids for a few hours here and there if we need her.

3 Likes

This is exactly my experience, my parents gave 0 time or money but expect us to travel across the country so they can have a photo op. Hard pass.

Travel across the country during the holidays which is exactly like going bar hopping on St Patricks day except it lasts longer and sucks even more.

I am never traveling for Christmas or Thanksgiving ever again. If people want to see me they can come to my extremely nice house and enjoy my guest bedroom that is currently full of random shit that probably needs to be thrown away. If it’s so important to them to be together at the holidays they can be the ones to absolutely ruin at least 2 days of their lives to make it happen.

Happy New Year. This is now officially in the public domain and I can post it without infringing a copyright!:

Eagerly awaiting the sequel to “Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey” featuring Mickey & Minnie Mouse.

2 Likes

Yeah unless the (grand) parents house is the only viable hosting space the tradition of the kids packing up all the grandkids to travel to the olds house on holidays is surely one of the dumbest human rituals given how much easier for everyone if the retirees do the traveling

And just like clockwork: