2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

@pvn I believe the terms of our bet that required that I have this Elon Musk avatar for 1 year have now expired. Do you concur?

1 Like

https://x.com/barthazian/status/1741866660708176046

https://x.com/debsmuseum/status/1741698065629688232

2 Likes

Does Disney have a trademark on the common Mickey used for branding?

Yes. We’re in for some fun and complex litigation!

hahah I think so

1 Like

I flew back on Christmas day and it wasn’t bad, not as bad as the Thursday before Christmas was. But I’m not a big fan of traveling for the holiday’s and probably won’t be doing much more of it.

There are quite a few different versions of Mickey and only the earliest ones are no longer covered so get used to this story, you’ll be hearing about it for the rest of your life.

Christmas Day is a great day to fly.

1 Like

What about on the name Mickey Mouse? Like could someone open Mickey Mouse Land with steamboat Mickey as the logo?

That might get into the difference between a copyright and a trade mark, which I don’t think have the same rules…

Disney would probably sue if it’s likely to cause confusion over whether it’s a park operated by Disney.

Actually I think I’m wrong. The character name “Mickey Mouse” may not be in the public domain yet. I don’t think he was named in Steamboat Willie.

And pretty sure MM is trademarked which is different.

Several car companies are more than 95 years old. Still protected names.

A 16-year-old is currently leading the World Darts Championship.

I really wanted him to win it all. Loved it when he beat Barneveld after Barneveld dismissed him. Dutch dart players are way too arrogant.

Is Phil Taylor playing or did he retire?

Edit: guess I could just check the news. 16 year old lost in the finals

He retired from the major stuff like maybe five years ago? Think he was still throwing seniors tour and promotional events.

I don’t know what caused me to think of this, but these four words all use different vowels to make the same sound:

Nerd
Bird
Word
Turd

You could even add in Heard and Purred for still more variation. My heart really goes out to anyone trying to learn English as a second language. :harold:

3 Likes

Imagine explaining to someone that lead, lead, and led are three different words where lead and lead are pronounced differently but one form of lead is pronounced the same as led.