2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

1 Like

his tweet reads “people’s lives”, but his eyes say “muh eight million dollars”.

everyone knows usa’s founding principles was for landowners not to lose any investments in real estate.

The first time I biked through that place and saw a place that not only had a big ass gate you had to use to get through their 6 foot wall but also a second fucking gate labeled fucking “SERVICE ENTRANCE,” I thought I’d entered the Twilight Zone.

1 Like

Way, way past due to ship these guys some $. Can finally be a card carrying member.

1 Like

“Zole is played using only 26 cards of a 32-card piquet deck or French-style deck, consisting of 36 cards.”

2 Likes

Yeah, that sentence is a little confusing, and I didn’t really understand it when I glanced over that article.

I went ahead and did some googling and found a pretty good explanation:

The most popular card game in 16th-century Europe was Piquet, played with a 36-card deck that dropped ranks from 5 to 2. Around 1700, it dropped the 6s as well to create the 32-card deck, which is now the most popular format in France. 32 and 36-card decks are the most widespread in countries that were once part of the Holy Roman (the Low Countries, Germany, and Switzerland), Austro-Hungarian, and Russian empires.[2]

I’m guessing the article was written by someone from one of those areas where 32- and 36-card decks are more common.

My friends and I started with 52-card decks to get to the 26 cards used in Zole/Zolite.

Can you guess which half of the deck we used?

3 Likes

I’m in London and I saw this at kings cross and WHAT

Also I took “the lads” to “the pub” for “a pint” and fuckkkkkkkkkkk they all have more in common with my kids than me

I assume occupiers = occupants

One my neighbors recently passed her US citizenship test and has whole car covered in American flags. Refreshing to see American flag in a context that doesn’t make me sad

4 Likes

There are a lot of threads this could fit in, so I’ll just leave it here.

1 Like

Didn’t have this on my bingo card.

Yeah it seems like “working with our tenants” is 900x better wording there

Holy shit, from the comments on the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/itsmdnt/status/1621280420884107264

4 Likes

I just got the absolute sickest hearts hand I’ve ever seen:

rofl holy shit, is this against real people? I’d be so tilted

Yeah, and I had just shot the moon the previous hand (on the “no pass” round) by getting dealt no hearts and about 7 or 8 diamonds.

lol, that’s like the white whale of our family hearts game, shooting the moon with no passing

watching zoolander (why? my wife wanted to), and Donald Trump has a cameo?

Ohio gonna Ohio