2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Never even received an invitation unfortunately.

1 Like

ICWUDT

8 Likes

Also never received a jury summons

I’m not sure what the factors are, but that’s surprising. Maybe it’s living in a large metro area, maybe it’s having a valid driver’s license, voting in every election, and consistently showing up in the past.

In the past 30 years, I’ve been summoned about 8 times, actually had to report 6 times, and been seated on 3 juries.

I’m not that surprised that I get picked a lot once I show up. A lot of people are obviously undesirable, and most of the rest seem to be actively trying to get out of it by any means necessary.

Seriously might be one of the most under appreciated movies of all time.

I hate that fucking movie.

I got a jury duty notice right after turning 18. It got cancelled the night before I had to report.

I’ve never gotten a notice in the 21 years since.

No dice on the last embryo.

Not sure where to go from here. Wife desperately wants #2

8 Likes

My old boss picked it for movie night with his wife. To my understanding, it’s the last time he got to the movie.

So sorry to hear that CN. Take care.

1 Like

Is adoption an option?

I guess I’m legitimately in the group that painfully doesn’t understand how people don’t get the brilliance of this movie :harold:

That is rough, hopefully can take some time to think over things

Not really for a few different reasons, it’s also way harder than you’d think. I’m lukewarm towards it, my wife is more hesistant.

That sucks, sorry man.

I think most people don’t get that it’s satire. I mentioned to a roommate once that I thought it was a great movie. He said something to the effect of, “I’m surprised that you’d like such a senseless, violent movie. Doesn’t seem like your style at all.” I was a bit confused, and after a minute I asked him, “You get that it’s satire, right?”. He got a blank look on his face, and after a few seconds the lightbulb went on, “Oh. Ohhhhhh. Shit. No, I missed that.”.

This was an otherwise intelligent dude.

1 Like

We had that discussion in one of the forums that like to mention slow ponies and there were posters who also didn’t immediately agree that it is satire.

We could easily get it spread amongst MAGA that there is a secret war against space bugs.

I mean for fucks sake, how obvious did it need to be?