2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I was in high school when starship troopers dropped, it definitely clicked for me in the theater, probably the first time we saw doogie in the nazi uniform

speaking of not getting over-the-top obvious satire, this insta account is pretty amazing

wait, it was 1997? I was in college then but I could have sworn I saw it with some high school friends. brains are bad.

Heinlein was one of the first authors I ever read. I grew up reading his books and didn’t care that the movie “was satire,” it was awful. It was like when your favorite song shows up un a commercial for a fast food place you don’t like.

I don’t think I read any heinlein until after I saw this movie.

1 Like

somewhat related (and relevant with the dune buzz)

dune is probably second only to star trek for memability

it’s sort of amazing how unmemable star wars is

I assume this does not include the prequels

you got “hello there” and… that’s it

8 Likes

ok they got two memes

4 Likes

6 Likes

I take it you never heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

1 Like

see this guy knows how to reply

1 Like

Junior got some mail, the buckeyes are turning the frogs gay

1 Like

George Lucas is the WOAT at naming characters.

1 Like

That’s gonna make for some interesting convos during college football season at the pvn house.

fucking disgusting

the Ohio state stuff

FYP

no they lost the emphasis after getting waxed by Michigan the past three years. I don’t make the rules just the way it is