2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

What the heck are these, and what is their relation to THE Ohio State University?

Buckeye tree nuts and they’re toxic just like the entire state of Ohio.

1 Like

I don’t get it. What’s disgusting?

IANAB but I think they are dingleberries which are native to the state of Ohio.

1 Like

The mascot, the school, the state? All of it?

1 Like

Anyway he’s (probably) not going there

Screw the haters. Loved my time at THE Ohio State U (never went to a single football game–it was the Cooper Era).

I’m sure Ann Arbor would have been great too, had that been an option.

recreation of actual event that happened to me today

3 Likes

admittedly this is a pretty deep cut and only ancient dinosaurs have probably seen this movie

1 Like

That’s means Wazzu still has a chance!

1 Like

4 Likes

I feel personally attacked by this comic strip.

1 Like

This seems totally legit… Jokes on them, my kidneys aren’t worth harvesting!

I do market research studies from time to time and that is a terrible rate. The only in-person one I’ve done in quite a while paid something like $400 and then there was a follow-up that was also in that ballpark.

Typically the ones I do are online for an hour and are in the $200 range.

2 Likes

You aren’t exploring the medical re-sell market for harvested organs which I assume these folks are heavily involved in.

1 Like

I don’t think the embedded tweet thing brings the translate button over so you may have to click through on this

https://twitter.com/nn_ni_7/status/1764312328877887521

1 Like

This is linked from the Web Archive because this article was wiped from the internet by Road & Track within hours of its publication. As Tom Scocca notes, this would have been a journalistic scandal in years past - a magazine killed a story, after publication, for being anything less than glowing about its subject whose sponsorship is important. Today, we’re just like “oh, yeah, that makes sense”.

2 Likes

I guess it’s fair to criticize the removal, but F1 doesn’t exactly hide the absurd money in the sport. It’s openly talked about in their netflix series

https://twitter.com/anothercohen/status/1765194777497117037

I don’t know how it took me so long to notice this but I just realized we only do 4 months of standard time/8 months DST. I always assumed it was 6/6. Is this news to anyone else?