2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

This is my natural inclination, is that still true if you standing up at the volley line too? My natural response is to step my right foot back if a forehand but made it feel like I was scrambling around there unnecessarily and other players seemed to just be chilling and calmly volleying/dinking back.

3 Likes

Good question. I was referring more to drops and drives from mid court to baseline. At the net it varies depending on shot and situation.

Gotcha.

Also should I hit baseline or midcourt backhands 1 or 2 handed? My instinct is 1 handed but figure if 2 objectively better best to start early

Two handed pickleball? If that’s the question you’ve lost already.

1 Like

I think it’s currently pretty common for women to hit two hand backhand from deep and IIRC that was how it started in tennis too and eventually the men did it too? Think all racket sports on a trajectory of doing anything to increase power over the years.

Two handed backhand is extremely common in high level pickleball. Both baseline drives and volleys at the net.

@Surf its a matter of personal preference and style. Pros and cons to both options. I wish I had a better two hander than I do. Some of the best players I play with can absolutely crush the ball with theirs.

To be clear. I have no clue.

I was paged as the topic curmudgeon and am playing the role.

My comments about pb are for entertainment purposes only.

You’ll know if I’m being serious. It’s almost time to start sharing court space, I’m sure I’ll have some legit gripes.

(Fwiw, I use a 2 hander for topspin and 1 hand for slice and for touch shots around the net.). Idk what I’d use for pb. Since I view it as standing on a ping pong table, I’d think I’d go 1 hander all the time. Can’t imagine my topspin lob would be useful in pb.)

1 Like

Law bros: What would be the reason for waiving a federal indictment and is there a way to find out details/evidence when someone does so? Just found out an acquaintance is going to jail for money laundering. I’ve long known he’s a piece of shit but I’m trying to find out how shitty he was in this particular case. Another not lawyer friend with PACER access looked up what he could but all we’ve got is the waiver, the charging document without any specific details, and a bunch of procedural looking motions.

I would assume it was done to get a better deal? Trials are expensive so anytime they can be avoided I imagine they do their best to do so.

1 Like

Waiving indictment as part of a plea deal is pretty standard. The earlier you take a plea deal / less work you make the prosecutor do, the better it goes for you. Once you’re indicted they’re also locked into various shit and so are you.

1 Like

Also likely that your friend was cooperating against bigger fish.

Thanks, I didn’t know how common it was. My only experience is reading high profile indictments so I didn’t even know waiving was a thing.

My internet connection was completely out a couple weeks back so they ended up coming out and laying new cable which restarted it but since then been dropping for 1-10 seconds about every 15 minutes. Long enough to kick me from video calls. Is there some section of windows I can click to see some history/graph of this? Feel like if I complain they are going to check some thing and be like o it’s currently on no problem

Crime is god damn outta control

Where’s Gritty?

He is there anyone with Photoshop skills who could put Gritty into a picture of a truck hijacking?

So Boeing Michael Clayton’d a whistle blower?

Yeah sure seems like it.

American corporations running around stalking/harassing/threatening bloggers (eBay) and killing whistleblowers (Boeing), but the real problem is TikTok!