2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Agreed, Congress should pass a law making it illegal to murder people!

You think the executives at Boeing are going to do any time?

Nah. The proper sentence would be to only fly on planes made during their tenure.

https://twitter.com/theliamnissan/status/1768735366683435508?s=19

That guy got unbanned?

Jesus, Boeing planes are just falling apart mid-flight now and it’s not even triggering some kind of warning?

Kind of looking like Haiti is about to be our next experiment in anarcho-capitalism!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/americas/haiti-port-au-prince-gangs-escape-intl-latam

This is really fucking stupid. Who is the target audience who is like “Fuck yeah, I’d rather have to go to a movie theatre to watch live Olympics versus the comfort of my own home and/or a bar with better food/drinks that is less expensive and doesn’t charge a cover?”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amc-clinches-deal-with-nbc-to-show-live-olympics-coverage-in-theaters-141ed01f

Although the venues and events are more team-specific, it’s similar to going to your home arena to watch a simulcast of your team’s away playoff game, where you have the pleasure of watching the game with others while paying $60+ for a few beers and some food.

There’s got to be close to zero people who are going to pay to go watch daytime Olympic events at an AMC. The actual number might be exactly zero.

1 Like

I’m sure this is the theory but:

Yeah. If AMC offered this for free with the idea being they could maybe make some money on concessions, I still don’t think anyone would go.

1 Like

Parents/families of athletes maybe.

Speaking of the Olympics, it’s mind-boggling to me that it’s happening in LA in two years. I can barely summon the will to drive 10 miles now. I’m not going to leave my house for the duration when it happens here.

Watch parties. Are they could go to any neighborhood sports bar. Wait they do that already.

Yeah I’m trying to picture the portion of the Venn diagram of people who want to go out to watch it but would rather pay a cover to watch it in a movie theatre than not pay a cover to watch it in a bar.

Lol, Boeing was using Dawn dish soap as a lubricant for the door seals: MSN

I’m not an engineer but I have to imagine that’s not ideal.

I would like to watch cross country skiing/biathlon on a big screen but that’s about it

I wouldn’t pay extra for it tho

The real question is, would you put on pants for it?

Went out and hit some with wife over weekend, I was focusing on trying to hit drops into NVZ and feels just an incredibly low percentage shot for me with like half in the net. But it seems so important to point vast majority of time should be hitting a drop on 3rd shot.

What is people usual progression on this? If I try it every time feel like going to piss off partners as if I drive instead usually we at least get to play out the point some. Do people just go practice this on own for weeks when starting out?

1 Like

Four years.