2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Today in “not on bingo card”:

“Tool’s Maynard James Keenan Helps Train Mike Tyson for Fight Against Jake Paul”

Did not know Maynard has his own dojo and is a BJJ black belt. Disappointed he’s associating himself with a psychopathic rapist.

Isn’t Mike Tyson old now? Maybe he’ll be killed.
Edit: 57. I can’t imagine it’s safe for a 57 year old to be knocked out (I mean it’s not safe for anyone, but especially not a 57 year old who almost certainly has lots of previous TBI).

That’s one 57 year old I wouldn’t want to mess with.

Played tennis today. Two full sets. Hit maybe 3 drop shots. Play a real sport.

To be fair I’ve actually played more tennis lifetime than pickleball. My parents played back when serve and volley was the way which actually was pretty effective for me in highschool so I guess now pickleball is the natural fit! (Although I guess it’s technically serve-stay-volley)

Lots of the pb merch refers to dink/dinking. I actually drop shot more except for my friend the energizer bunny. He has to be way off court to drop shot or it has to be exceptional.

I did get my monthly set off him today. Got blown out 6-1 then got him 6-4 in the second. He was guiding all kinds of great placement shots in the first and fell off a bit while I pushed depth well and got to the net in the second.

Don’t ask about the 10 point tiebreak we played. I gave everything I had to win the 2nd set. I was toast.

It’s easily the most difficult shot to get good at, but you are correct that it’s one of the most important if you’re looking to advance beyond 3.5 level play. Practice/drilling is certainly the best way as you can get hundreds of reps in quickly as opposed to just a handful when playing. Have you tried the practice method I mentioned before of just tossing the ball with your hand to dial in the right feel?

Also fwiw Dan, a drop shot in pb is different than the type in tennis you are referring to. 3rd shot drop, or 5th shot or any other really, are from the baseline or mid court when your opponents are already at the net. The goal is to get the ball to drop in the non volley zone in an unattackable way so that your team can move towards the net. And a drop can have tons of pace, which is also different from the stereotypical tennis drop shots, right? Currently one of my best shots is a forehand rolling drop with significant pace that lands right at the backhand foot of my crosscourt opponent.

I did although admittedly after first time or two I got it of course decided that was enough :harold:

I get it man. It’s hard to drill when playing is so much fun. Next time do the hand toss, then once you get it a few times have someone feed you balls and do it with your paddle. You won’t get consistent overnight but with repetition it’ll come.

peepeeball containment thread when

Cool, bro

seriosuly, Glad you are having fun.

Hahahahahahah, get fucked Peter Navarro: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/19/politics/peter-navarro-jail-contempt-of-congress/index.html

1 Like

See ya, bitch

Get Jim Jordan next

3C535769-0750-4552-9F0F-5C42A316D63F

4 Likes

You always eat the chocolate side first.

In Germany these are called Amerikaner (=American) . It’s unclear why.

Thread

https://x.com/bostonjerry/status/1769750520644694374?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

So yeah, it looks like Boeing really had this guy killed.

I’m skeptical. What, exactly, is the upside for Boeing?

You think they are going to have a whistleblower problem going forward? Think they set a pretty clear precedent for convincing people to keep their yaps shut in the future.

1 Like