2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

well if we’re talking old TV tech

92d540a00c9c1faef66315698d4affde

1 Like

We lost the knob

2 Likes

How has Infowars not been shut down yet?

https://x.com/AP/status/1805294862385770539

How long before he starts up InfoWarz?

I have four phones with AT&T and I fucking hate them and want to move to tmobile.

two of my phones have 3 months left on payoff deals. One of my kids needs a new phone pretty soon.

If I move him to tmobile now it’s going to cost me more per line for three months vs. moving everyone at once.

Other option is buying like a used iphone 13 or something, using that for three months with AT&T, then moving everyone at the same time.

not sure where to even buy used phones, should I just get something off of ebay or I assume all these phone repair shops also sell used phones?

Could you get him to use a cheap Walmart burner for a few months? Would be a good life lesson for him or lead to a life of crime.

https://www.mintmobile.com/

1 Like

I’m not sure if pvn would be able to just port out 1 phone number but Mint is the way to go if you’re switching to T-Mobile anyway. The only thing I miss is getting MLB.tv for free.

yeah I could, but I’d rather just get something midrange that I can bring over to the other network eventually. No real need to teach a lesson, his phone is old as shit.

1 Like

yeah this seems like the move

I have a Moto through Mint Mobile. I bought it for a little over $200, and I prepaid $180 for a full year of 5 gig/month. I try to keep phones for at least 4 years before buying a new one

I’m not sure why anyone would pay more than this to “rent to own” a phone from their carrier, especially if you have access to Wi-Fi and don’t need the very best deal for unlimited data.

P.S. My switch to Mint Mobile was one of the few times in my life that I know I consciously made a consumer choice because of the pitch person, since Ryan Reynolds just seems like a trustworthy, cool dude.

Easier to budget it than to come up with a grand for a new phone. I liked paying cash for mine but I think I’m going to go through Verizon for the next iPhone, mine is about 4 years old.

Does Mint still give you Netflix, Hulu and Apple TV for free like T-Mobile? Because those are pretty solid perks too.

Is your phone really four times better than Moto’s entry level phone?

I don’t understand the question. OF COURSE IT IS BETTER!

1 Like

I figure I’m going to get the kid a refurb iphone 13 or 14? it’s like 100 times better than what he has now and way reasonable compared to paying $1k+ for a new phone.

I know this much, I’m never fucking dealing with AT&T ever again, fuck them

1 Like

It’s OK to feel this way.

You do not get those.

I’m not serious. I like expensive hardware, which I use 0.5% of its capacity, I should not be listened to about hardware if you are interested in using the bottom of the range devices.

oh what, mint sounded great and then I see this?

Typical Download Speed

70-320 mbps

that seems… slow?