2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I’ve done this with our regular car seat and it killed me. The second time we bought a super cheap and light car seat at wall Mart and it worked great. We buy tickets for the baby for long flights. ANA provided amazing service, carrying everything and installing the seat for my wife. US based airlines have offered no help.

We bungee the light car seat upside down to a carry on suitcase and roll it.

Agreed that buying a cheap light car seat from Walmart is hugely helpful. If Cn’s child is old enough to not be in a bucket seat, that’s definitely what I’d choose.

welp changed my locks and kicked my cousin out, that ran its course faster than I expected. lol. some people are just too broken. changing locks is really annoying too; I am not handy at all.

2 Likes

ouch, what happened?

besides being one of the most nightmare guests I ever heard of (I was dealing with it, I’m very patient and he’s just 19), he’s been popping off about me to everyone, about stuff that doesn’t even make sense honestly. I think he’s got some medium severity mental health issues, like, I’ve seen him walking down the street while I was driving ranting and yelling to no one in particular. So lots of that kind of thing.

He’s been going back home a lot which is about an hour away by car, where he is right now, presumably to visit friends/his church, but started getting extremely aggressive and shitty in my dm’s and finally I told him it had run its course. he was also indicating to my uncle that he had planned on freeloading off me for a while (wasn’t even trying to find a job anyway), so I’m done.

His shit’s still here, I told him to grab it by this weekend and changed my locks.

Sucks that’s tough. Sounds like for being not your child you gave more a chance than most would

1 Like

Sounds like he has or had substance abuse problems.

1 Like

yea I mean his dad is a huge huge huge addict so it’s totally possible. I would have earlier said no, but usually addicts are good at hiding it. one of the things that made me laugh is I won a big poker tournament recently, I guess he told my uncle “we’re set!”

lol, what “we?” It’s just the kind of mindset that addicts seem to have, what’s yours is theirs, so I can see that. He also ate my food a lot and that drove me crazy.

I didn’t flip out at him or anything, I was pretty calm and reasonable, so I am happy with how I handled the situation. I’m sure he doesn’t see it the same way. He has a place to go already, so he’ll be fine.

I went to the fingerprint lock, I’m happy with it. Keys are dumb.

1 Like

that’s a thing? how much did it cost?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DYZCW3S/
Here is $234. There are cheaper, but I liked this one. It integrates with Google Home App and similar.

1 Like

well I’ll be damned I love the future. my next place will have something like that, I lose my keys way too much to not use something like that

1 Like

When I see things like that, my first thought is “probably easy to hack.” Then I see that Lockpicking Lawyer whatshisname on YouTube and he picks “unpickable” locks by looking at them hard, so…

Yeah I’m not securing Fort Knox or expecting a hacker to get into my house. Any tweeker with a crowbar will be able to get in to my house regardless of the lock. Point is to make it look like it’s not worth the risk. Mostly do this with cameras.

Honestly I’m just happy I’m not playing poker anymore. Used to have to keep waaaay too much cash around. Made me really uncomfortable

Gotta say having a kid old enough to enjoy going to arcade is awesome. Pumped for more advanced stuff down the road like skiing/bowling/surfing etc but fun to have a good reason to play some arcade games

2 Likes

Had a really bad interaction with the police last night. Had a young woman who has big issues with alcohol get put on a 72 hour hold by PD for self-harm… but she had a bruise to face, choke marks to her neck and her “self-harm” was on the outer part of her right arm by her elbow. It was an obvious defensive wound.

Since the cops put her on a hold, I cannot immediately remove it. So I had to hold this person in the ER for 8 hours against her will, manage with alcohol withdrawal, and get some master’s level psych person to remove her hold. It was super frustrating. She should have been discharged an hour after I saw her.

1 Like

@Danspartan

1 Like

Yup. Knew lots of people like that.

I’ve done/accomplished a few “interesting” things in my life, but if someone put a gun to my head and said name the coolest/best thing you’ve ever done, it was the time in ~1995 that I double wiz moded in one game on Medieval Madness what is certainly considered in the top 5 pins of all time if not the best ever.

Today I hung out with the friend of mine who was there for that, 30 years later. I had to ask him about that game and he was like “oh yeah I def remember that, I didn’t play my first ball for 45 minutes”.

We went to “full tilt bar and grill”, lol, and sure enough that pin, and my real favorite pin (AFM) were there. And we fucking destroyed them. I think I put 4 credits on their shit and we replayed etc like almost every game, crazy, played for hours. We left I think 4+ credits on them (trivia, MM was one of Tina Fey’s first acting jobs ever), just like we used to back when we used to go to Mall of America’s 4th floor arcade back then and play pins all night and probably couldn’t even drink.

Still fucking got it boys.

6 Likes

the pinball game like this for me is the very old indiana jones one, pretty sure I can spend hours on that for less than a dollar

I wanna get my own cabinet someday, they just seem like a lot of upkeep if you use them a lot.