2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Robotron is my specialty. Never mastered pinball.

There was a KISS machine at the minute mart in my neighborhood I used to be really good at, then video games came along and I wasn’t good at any of them. Had some fun playing with 22ers on Call of Duty and Destiny back in the day. Was never in the same league as those guys but was probably better than most of the scrubs playing.

The original indiana jones pin is a classic, despite not being made by the best studio at the time. Maybe not top ten but very good, spent a lot of time on it.

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure where this belongs but archaeologists have discovered remains of an ancient civilization in Miami that is as old as any current record of human civilization. And the city of Miami is just going to build over it…

3 Likes

well to be fair they only have a few years before the whole thing is underwater so they gotta get while the gettin’s good

have we checked for a miami leslie knope?

I am constantly disappointed that the cost of these machines remains so high (not to mention the cost of maintaining them if you actually play them a lot). maybe someday.

DARK BRANDON DID THAT

3 Likes

(That’s with my $0.90 Kroger fuel points rebate thing)

2 Likes

Is there a limit, like could you just keep pumping car after car- your whole family and all your neighbors?

1 Like

I think there’s a 35 gallon limit. One of my wife’s friend’s husband does that, he makes her fill up her car the same time he fills his up

My old man is obsessed with the kroger gas points. He doesn’t pay more than a dollar a gallon very often.

From 100 years ago today, Ohio Steel and Iron industry execs testified before the Senate Immigration Committee, begging the lawmakers to loosen immigration quota restrictions because even back then they had too many “common labor” (aka shitty) jobs that Americans wouldn’t do.

Very different immigration context back then (time was between the Immigration Act of 1917 and the Johnson-Reed Act of 1924) but I still thought it was interesting.

(Youngstown Vindicator, Feb. 21, 1923)

1 Like

looks like lakes powell and mead are going to get better levels this spring. after three years with pretty poor snowpack, colorado basin is running above average.

of course it might just make the water compact states kick the can until next drought, rather than lower use now

1 Like

I haven’t seen any town raising their watering rules yet locally. Admittedly not quite in that region though

There’s a pinball museum in Delray that has an insane amount of pinball machines from every era and all kinds of classic arcade games. You can pay like $20 for an all day pass to play. It’s great.

1 Like

Good week for bad girls :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My wife is having an outpatient procedure in a couple of weeks. The hospital called today, to let us know how much we are going to owe after deductible/coinsurance (which was pretty much what I expected) and then asked me to pre-pay.

Me: what? Why would I do that?

Hospital person: Well we just ask everyone to pay before arriving.

Me: ok well you can ask but there’s no way I’m doing that.

These “non profit” hospital systems literally have so much money they can’t spend it. All while soliciting charitable donations.