2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

The biggest kid I went to school with in 5th grade stopped growing shortly thereafter. I moved to a neighboring town and saw him in 11th grade and I was taller than him.

He towered over the rest of us at my 10th bday party. It was weird being an inch taller. He was 5-8 at 10 and stopped at 5-10.

1 Like

Yeah, I was 5’11" in 6th grade and am now 5’10 3/4"…

2 Likes

not to imply that this was administered to anyone itt, but extreme height in children is/was thought of as a hormone imbalance and there have been medications to block it. seems like there would have been cases in the 80s and 90s where parents might have gave consent to rob the kid of a chance at being an nba draft pick. the ethics of this were also questionable.

1 Like

Gross. I’ll teach my daughter to be tall and if some asshole can’t handle it they don’t deserve it

1 Like

I was a huge baby, 24" and around 11 lb when born. i wonder if i actually ended up shorter than a projection had me based on those numbers.

Did you eat your vegetables?

Defintely didn’t, was a really picky eater until adulthood now I’ll eat just about anything. Could have been in the NBA if I’d only eaten my veggies, take note kids.

2 Likes

I was 10 in 1975.

I am often described as tall despite only being just shy of 5’11”. I was shocked to discover what the average american male height was recently - quite taller than what I expected, but there’s this weird thing that if you’re not 6’0” you’re “short.” I was this tall in like 6th grade and just stopped, but in my case it was mostly malnourishment. I only weighed 104 lbs in freshman year at 5’9.

It depends on where you live. We are the same height, I was normal to the low end of normal in Minnesota.

Went to the MSU-Rutgers game at MSG earlier this month. On a level surface I could barely find someone taller than me. Could easily look over top of the crowd in the concourse.

1 Like

thankfully there’s so many 5’11” dudes that lie and say they’re 6’0” that I can pass for it without saying anything. plus most shoes take me there.

as long as I’m taller than most girls in 3 inch heels (which I dont care about but women do for some reason) I can’t imagine caring that much but people do.

Im 99th percentile tall and once you get past your prime athletic age it’s kind of annoying because nothing is made for people my height. I’d much rather be 6’-6’2 range.

3 Likes

I’m 6’5" and I support this message

2 Likes

This is spot on. Prob would have gotten a full ride somewhere if I was 6’5”, and really wanted that when I was 16-18. Now… I get annoyed at plane seats at 6’1”-6’2”

All you fuckers are too tall.

5’8" here.

1 Like

Does anybody actually keep a pair of driving gloves in their glovebox? Of course not, we should start calling it a “gunbox”. I’m 100% confident there are way more guns than gloves in American gloveboxes right now.

Apparently a glove compartment is sometimes called a “jockey box” in England and Idaho wtf

1 Like

I’ve always had a small pair of cloth gloves in the rear trunk next to the tire changing kit. Never actually put them in the glove box.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about electric lawnmowers? Historically had bad memories of the POS extension cord ones but heard they gotten really good now?

I have a DeWalt and it works pretty well. The tech has improved a lot over the last several years. That said, electrics still don’t do well in tall grass. You have to pretty much stay on top of it for it to work well. Toro makes a stand behind mower which has amazing performance but its the price of a mid range car so not viable unless you have a commercial operation and even then, payback/IRR is probably not there yet.

My grass can get kinda thick/tall because I’m lazy but relatively small yard. Still leaning gas because that’s all I ever used but electric is tempting

1 Like