2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I should have mentioned that because I use all DeWalt equipment, I’m able to leverage the batteries through one system. The mower does run the 20v down pretty quickly so it helps that I have batteries from a lot of the other equipment that I cycle through. FYI, the 60v chainsaw does fine for residential use and the string trimmer and 60v blower are very good. So assuming the standard equipment of mower, string trimmer and blower, you can get through the job pretty quick but you have to bite the bullet upfront to get enough batteries and they’re not cheap.

Another benefit is that the mower and string trimmer are very quiet so you can get started early without pissing off the neighbors if that is a concern.

I’m thinking about getting an electric while keeping my old gas one as a back up.

Anyone try a Ryobi (all my tools are that)?

We put up some wire racking in the basement. The top gets into the floor joist area which is just the right amount of space to put all the battery/chargers/small tools. Accessible from halfway down the stairs. Mostly switched over to cordless, but keeping the old ones for backup or too heavy jobs (corded drill for hole sawing for example).

While on the energy subject-looks like we are going to put in a ductless AC/heat pump system. Unit outside and then 4 units inside. Should save 20% on heat/electric. Gas boiler already in place will handle the coldest times.

-any experiences?
-the feds setup a subsidy program to the states, but the states haven’t gotten out to the consumer yet. In the past have these been retroactive to the start of the federal law? Don’t want to miss out, but also don’t want to put the window units in again. They are a serious mold risk and just a pain in the ass.

I have an ryobi electric one. It’s fine. Don’t get the cheapest one it’s trash

1 Like

Prolly gonna be 2024. Will keep in mind.

Well gas mowers are banned in cali in 2024. Also I got a lot of ryobi tools already and the batteries/chargers are compatible

1 Like

yikes this will obliterate a ton of small businesses

2 Likes

Banned totally, or just no new sales?

1 Like

New sales

1 Like

How is it that Fox News hasn’t dedicated wall to wall coverage to this?

2 Likes

I bought an electric leaf blower this past fall. It was fucking awful.

Which one? The DeWalt 60v does a good job for me but it does eat batteries. But yeah, gas blowers are still the gold standard for getting the work done.

1 Like

For light blowing my Ryobi electric works fine but yeah if you’re trying to move big piles of leaves it isn’t great.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah and getting a ton more rain and snow too. Mountains east of the Sierras got snowed on too

I have a ryobi electric 40V mower (have for 6 years now) and its still running perfectly. Does my whole lawn on one charge easily unless its super long and wet (i mow every 10 days or so, so its never that long).

Also have a ryobi electric blower with smaller battery to blow off the deck and its ok for that but need a real gas blower to manage my property (half of it is forested).

4 Likes

Drought over everyone go home

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

2 Likes

JCO still posting hard

Ryobi makes a 40v leaf blower that is very comparable to gas.

1 Like

Bump - while not quite as good as eyebooger’s deal here, I just got a pretty great hand on the no pass round. Going from memory, something like

random club
9♦️ Q♦️
8♠️ K♠️ A♠️
5❤️ 6❤️ 7❤️ 8❤️ J❤️ K❤️ A❤️

I basically just needed to fade anyone else having the Qh + two other hearts, or the 9h/Th and 3 others (and I needed someone to dump the Qs on me when I played the A/K, which they did).

I had been in last place of a tight game, but this pushed my mom to 101 and gave me the W :vince3:

3 Likes