2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

That reminds me, Rush Limbaugh, also dead.

8 Likes

f5a

3 Likes
4 Likes

California is uninsurable. The state run insurer maxes out at $3 million. Eventually some very expensive houses are going to be destroyed with no insurance.

2 Likes

obvious AI. you can see the fucked up hands in the still shot. always the hands.

Rebuilding cost and property value is very different in california though. A 2-3m house doesn’t need that much insurance for example.

1 Like

Yeah what a shame. Maybe they should have used their immense clout to do something about climate change before their expensive houses burned down.

Recent flight was delayed 4 hours and half-empty. Flight attendant had no fucks left to give. I salute her.

1 Like

Thought this was really cool, popped up in my feed from one of the people I’m following for COVID tweets.

1 Like

I super doubt this works more generally, especially in older people with peripheral vascular disease. It works by measuring volume of blood in the fingertip, and that seems to be susceptible to people with actual hypertension, and fluid pressures change as you get more distal. Seems like they were able to replicate normal readings only.

Also, blood pressure monitoring is already cheap and easy

RIP to a real one

1 Like

cow-orker was hospitalized friday morning with appendicitis, he dropped into slack this morning to thank everyone for well-wishes etc, and mentioned he is hoping to be discharged tomorrow. That seems like an awfully long time for an appendectomy??

1 Like

Boats don’t buy themselves

1 Like

Must have been some reason to keep him. Certain conditions they can’t discharge depending on their policy. It could be related to his appendicitis or it could be something else.

I have had to stay longer from other issues because they couldn’t get my blood pressure under control,

Lots of possible reasons, most likely it popped and needs a few days of IV antibiotics.

Had a classmate back in like 4th grade that almost died from a burst appendix. Weeks in the hospital.

$40 to enter Manhattan, that should help back to office.

Ok cow-orker has pancreatitis, for some reason I read it as appendicitis. Seems like he’s ok and will probably be home tomorrow

1 Like