2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

fucking AT&T, I have already had approximately 499 home internet outages with them this month and now I get hit with TWO rate increases on my wireless bill? First they want to cut the “paperless billing” discount from $10 to $5/month PER LINE, and then they’ve jacked the rate up on my plan by $2.50/month.

I’ve NEVER had a plan rate go UP before, usually they introduce new cheaper plans and just don’t tell you so you keep paying the old rate, this time they’re actually trying to get me to move to a new plan that is the “same price” … (except it doesn’t include HBO max anymore).

Fuck these fuckers, is there any reason I shouldn’t switch to mint mobile? wirecutter says they’re great and they’re about half the cost.

1 Like

This channel has good answers.

1 Like

I talked to the AT&T retention people and basically told them “I would like to see everything stay exactly the same” and they basically said that they often can do things to keep custoemrs but the higher ups had told them no compromises on the old plan (they no longer own HBO so they are paying for that max subscription directly I guess) or the paperless billing (they want to draft a bank account instead of charge my card, I get that they pay something for the card processing but it’s $20/month they are charging me, they aren’t paying anything near that).

In fairness whether or not you need to swim to do crew depends on how well you do crew. If you really suck at it, you may need to swim.

T-Mobile gives you a bunch of free shit like Netflix and Apple TV. Also free MLB and MLS league pass currently if you watch those. Definitely worth looking at if you’re planning to move networks.

Mint is great. Myself and wife have the $240/yr plan with I think 15 gb data and is perfect. Pay it once, done for a year.

If you end up doing it hook up someone using their referral. Free 3 or 6 months service for them for no effort.

2 Likes

I was watching a show on Netflix about Australian farmers training puppies to become working dogs, and noticed that when introducing each location where the farmers live, they (the Australian Broadcasting Corporation made it) captioned it with the name(s) of the aboriginal people who lived there.

Can you imagine the outrage if they did that here? Picture an establishing shot captioned “San Francisco, Ohlone land”, conservatives would lose their fucking minds oh my god.

Is the service good? We’ve had a lot of issues with Verizon lately with data in particular.

Verizon has sucked lately for me too. Got my wife AT&T and her service is consistently so much better than mine. (I get a free cell phone through my job).

1 Like

Our Verizon has been trash in Austin. But from what I hear every carrier is trash here.

https://twitter.com/jayshams/status/1684927347936358400?s=46&t=45vgHoZvsEXz2aWNi8tmcw

In Canada, for both sporting events and before the national anthem for children in the morning at school they say a few lines about land acknowledgements

1 Like

Its T Mobiles network.

1 Like
1 Like

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/visual-arts/article277843588.html

RIP

Favorite piece of art in my house is a Lebo Print

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BobbyBroccole/status/1686815772197142543?s=20

It’s incredible how completely fucked twitter is right now if you’re trying to keep up on this superconductor, if you search for LK99, it’s almost all blue check techbros who are wildly hyping this into fantasyland, pranksters, and outright scams. It’s actively disinforming anyone who isn’t savvy enough to sift through the mountains of bullshit.

1 Like

and soon there’s a feature to hide bluechecks so you wont even be able to immediately tell who’s a mouth breather anymore

1 Like

There is a browser extension called blue blocker that will block any checkmark that you don’t follow but it obviously only works on desktop browser

yea, I used something like that. but will it still know after this feature goes live?

pretty hilarious that this product is so bad it offers users a way to hide that they have it.

Oh I see what you were saying now. I had missed that Elon is rolling out the ability to bid your own blue check. lol