2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Mittlerweile in Deutschland

3 Likes

Ha my wife has a huge fear of raccoons let’s see how me telling her about this goes

Edit: shiver and a “I was right about them”

2 Likes

Early in COVID when we were feeling quite isolated at home, one of the happier moments was seeing a family of raccoons (presumably a mom and her 4 little babies) meandering through our backyard at night. Baby raccoons are one of the most absurdly cute things on the planet:

Then it was both happy and sad when they returned a few nights later, but with only 3 babies in tow :cry:

4 Likes

Any mates ITT who speak fluent Italian?

Making an indie no budget documentary about one of my favorite authors and am mining every podcast ever recorded about her.

Unfortunately this one is in Italia :grin:

I’m just trying to pick out a few good quotes from the brief section that mentions CS Friedman :pensive:

I just put way to much clothes in the washer, despite my wife telling me it probably wasn’t a good idea. Ask me anything before it goes wrong and I get murdered by “I told you so’s”

I’m largely banned from operating the washing machine.

1 Like

I wish I was. Instead I’m just not allowed to do baby/wife laundry.

2f99dfc2f0c09281c20962909fea02692adcb273_2_433x500

2 Likes

Clay Travis fucker I’m coming for you

Even if you don’t break the machine, you can still enjoy wearing clothes that don’t get as clean as they could be.

1 Like

But faster!

This is a complete wive’s tale water-wasting myth. with proper detergent and machine a large load produces just as clean laundry as a smaller one does. there’s no mechanism in which it wouldn’t.

2 Likes

I mean seems clear there is some hypothetical threshold of overloading that would surely impact ability to clean due to clothes not having physical ability to move around enough? Anecdotally I end up with what I call “grease spots” (no idea what they actually are) appearing on my clothes if I put too many clothes in

Laundry successful.

I don’t wear nice clothes pretty much ever, so the quality of clean is whatever. I work in what are essentially PJs with pockets. I’ve worn a suit three times since 2016 (two funerals and the interview for my current job). I wear a collared shirt every once in a great while, otherwise I’m a hoodie/t-shirt/shorts/jeans kind of guy. I love it

Checking in in Greear, who seems to be maturing very well.

A larger load puts more stress on the motor that spins the drum and on older machines more stress can break the motor faster than less stress. But other than taking longer to dry the size of the load shouldn’t matter much as long as you aren’t stuffing clothes in like a Tokyo subway.

If results means just total amount cashed for, Chainsaw is a pretty massive favorite. If results means having a record of all tournament buyins for 2024 and comparing profit/loss, Greear would likely be a large favorite by simply not playing a single tournament.

Wow, what an angry, angry man. All his posts are just Fox News Boomer stuff.

Yeah I chose to go the serious analysis route instead of the obvious jokes about his 1000 year dynasty and alt-right white nationalist takes.

Greear leaning on “raising a family’ is gross.