2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Yeah suburbanites climbing around on a roof is a recipe for meeting you at work. I honestly am so afraid of a head injury I’d probably wear a helmet everywhere if people wouldn’t make fun of me.

I definitely won’t get into a tesla with autopilot engaged. I’m not sure I’d get into any autonomous vehicle atm really.

Man at some point Musk being such a piece of shit has to hurt Tesla sales. No way libs are buying them. Right? Natalie Portman meme

What about SpaceX? I assume Musk has distanced himself from the actual running of the company, otherwise good lord relying on this drug-addled moron for the continuing operation of our space program.

I don’t think Musk does much of anything at SpaceX besides being a public clown figure

Just anecdata, but my wife and I are getting solar panels installed on our garage. The company guy asked if we were interested in a battery backup system, which segued into him mentioning the Tesla Powerwall, etc. I told him we would never buy anything associated with Musk. (This was the case even before he embroiled himself in the Twitter debacle, due to the well-known racist and anti-worker environments at Tesla factories.)

The guy couldn’t really disagree with me… All he said was he wished Musk would shut the hell up because the Powerwall and the solar roofs were actually good, though expensive, products.

Anyway, just a report from our one-household boycott.

2 Likes

Yeah when I looked into a battery storage system powerwall seemed like the best option, but they were all to expensive to really justify imo

I mean, if you stick your foot and hold it in the blades, sure. But since a lawnmower injury is likely going to be a glancing type blow, yeah it’s going to provide a decent amount of protection. It’s certainly better than being barefoot.

1 Like

My mother now wears a helmet when taking my kids to the playground based upon one too many head bumps on low-hanging kids play equipment.

lawnmower

4 Likes

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous to do any sort of yard work in bare feet due to bugs/bumps/drops/etc but I also wonder how much protection a normal shoe going to offer from a mower blade. That being said I definitely can see how the bulk of a shoe would make a lot harder to manage to wedge your foot under the mower in first place

1 Like

Is there seriously not a GOP Primary thread yet? Probably gotta start one to make fun of the debate tonight. There’s the GOP Insanity Thread, the Trump Thread, and the Point and Laugh at DeSanctus Thread. All overlap, but nothing to put all the primary stuff into, unless I’m missing something.

Guess I’ll start one, unless people think it’s better stuffing it into one of those existing threads?

take a shot every time someone says woke challenge

I think it’s tomorrow

1 shot: woke as an adjective (“woke policies”)

2 shots: wokeness (“schools don’t teach math any more, just wokeness.”)

3 shots: woke as a noun (“We will fight The Woke!”)

Good, maybe I can manage to be somewhere doing something and not subject myself to it.

RIP to anyone who tries this. Could die taking shots of water this way.

Debate is tomorrow, but I looked and I didn’t see a 2024 primary thread either.

1 Like

you would be dead before sundown

1 Like

I think I hate Nikki Haley the most of any of them. What a soulless ghoul monster piece of shit.