2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

I agree with all of this and I was likely much worse at that age, but I was hoping it wouldnt be like this. probably seeing what he can get away with, almost certainly, I’m not taking it personally though, or trying not to. there’s tons of other shit. i took him to the store and he nearly got into a fight with an old guy like it was something to be proud of. he’s leaving shit everywhere too, and we had an agreement about cleaning he already seems to have violated, etc. Just bad roommate shit I guess. gonna try to teach him I guess

1 Like

buy another charger, and put it in his room. is it a big deal?

3 Likes

Before you go reading a ton into this kind of stuff, this sounds like normal living with someone annoyance to me.

1 Like

yeah this, you’re gonna need another charger sooner or later anyway, just write it off

This kid has been through a lot, and he has basically had to figure out how to survive without having either the maturity or the tools/rights of adulthood. Although he may not have PTSD, he clearly is a trauma survivor.

I would try to let the little things slide while focusing more on “adulting.” And buy some more charging cables. I bought these and they’re still going strong.

1 Like

Wife got one those fake arrest warrant for missing jury duty scam calls today. Thankfully she smart enough to not give any info but also naive enough to not hang up in first 5 seconds as “wanted to be sure wasn’t real”. Is kinda jarring though as they do read you past addresses they claim they sent the court orders to or whatever.

Did have a highlight line from my wife

“Wait a second, it’s Sunday morning are you all really working at the sheriffs office?” :vince3:

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a few scams going around that specifically go after doctors saying they’re the DEA and whatnot too.

Oh damn, the Horny Police have shut down the sexy M&Ms.

1 Like

Onion.

1 Like

Replace the sexy M&Ms with Maya Rudolph, it makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

1 Like

A biracial spokesperson. So woke. Tucker’s going to lead off with this tonight.

2 Likes

pretty sure tucker’s a one drop guy

lol he took the charger again after 3rd convo about it

it’s not really about the charger. I just got a new one. it’s more the precedent, like what’s he gonna take next?

Using Brimley/Cocoon line rules, the John Lithgow Footloose line is is exactly 14,000 days.

1 Like

It’s about sending a message.

1 Like

I’m on the left:

Shot the moon twice in a row to pull out the W

:vince:

2 Likes

Rigged.

It really was. The first of those two I got dealt the A, K, Q, J of hearts.

1 Like
1 Like

I used to play hearts competitively, I’ve never met anyone under 60 who played.

do you play J of diamonds variant?