2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Pineapple at the Dole pineapple plantation on Oahu was life changing.

3 Likes

Have done. Would recommmend.

I had in Costa Rica also. Makes me wonder if the pineapples are the exact same varietal both places

I can take or leave pineapple usually. That 100% fresh was incredible.

Yeah I never was a pineapple eater growing up and didn’t really realize why it was tasting so good at the time so after trip was like O I like pineapple now and got one from store and was like WTF man this sucks

I love pineapple, and having the good stuff was just so amazing.

I still don’t even don’t understand what is good by Philly standards. Native Philly folk seem to think that Pat’s and Geno’s are only OK.

Jesus these TikToks of the U2 show in the sphere are nuts

Yeah, it seems pretty sweet. I didn’t think it could possibly live up to the hype, but I think I’m wrong.

One I saw was effect of the ceiling falling which looked pretty damn impressive

https://x.com/accountablegop/status/1708654328532099082?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

They aren’t my favorite, but they’re good compared to ~anything outside the region. I actually LOVE the local place near me out in the suburbs. When I lived in Philly, I had a spot around the corner that was my go-to. My favorite touristy one was Jim’s.

1 Like

Spotted on Slashdot: Move over Australia, now there’s an island with scarier critters (sort of).

1 Like

I’ve seen those used to scare geese, they don’t work. Maybe bears are dumber.

I really doubt bears are dumber than geese.

1 Like

Holy fuck, that would care the fuck out of me. Possible I”m dumber than a goose I guess.

The first time, sure. Then you look at it a little harder because you didn’t die. If there was something behind it you wanted you’d be walking past it and cracking jokes by the 14th day.

So you’re saying that if it were at the entrance to Disney World, he’d be stopping for selfies on the way in?

1 Like

So I am currently staying at a hotel at a work conference where I am teaching. This painting is above the toilet in my bathroom:

That might legitimately be the creepiest fucking painting I’ve ever seen. Every time I look at it I find something new and creepier. There’s a figure/scarecrow int he window.

4 Likes