2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

Sports injury prosecutions are nearly impossible. Intent is very difficult to prove, and juries just assume violence is part of the game and you assume the risk of it. I had an associate who tried to prosecute a basketball player who took a swing at, and knocked out, another basketball player on the court for assault (High School League). Jury acquitted in like 15 minutes. Whole thing was on video.

1 Like

yea I think there’s an implicit agreement when you play certain sports that death is an outcome that is possible and you are kind of agreeing to that by playing, but I’ve watched this like 100 times now and it looks like it could be an accident, but he clearly pushed off the guy with his foot. I don’t know if criminal charges are appropriate or not, but he should be banned for life from playing for sure

Boy, I’d hope that’s on the table here. Is he not suspended or anything?

Madness

If you hurt someone that bad by fouling them you should be out as long as they are. If they are dead, so is your career, life time ban from the sport.

police are investigating but no comments I’ve seen from the league or anything but “let’s not speculate”

mf i dont need to speculate when there’s video of it

the guy that delivered the fatal blow is also the most penalized player in the league, coincidentally. did he want to kill him? I doubt it. did he mean to make contact with his foot? absolutely, and it seems other hockey players agree

anyway it isn’t gory at all and I encourage people to watch it and make up their own minds. really sad that likely nothing will happen to him.

Yeah, watched it. An insanely reckless move. It was like a helmet to helmet hit in football but instead of leading with his helmet he led with his skate, I.e. a giant razor. That is not a natural move at all.

1 Like

Holidays that should be eliminated before we get to Halloween:

1. Robert E. Lee/Confederate veteran’s day
  2. Columbus Day
  3. April Fool’s Day
  4. Valentine’s Day
  5. Groundhog Day

imagine being a six-year-old kid and ringing riverman’s doorbell

1 Like

but yeah it fucking sucks

Fyp. And what the hell is wrong with GHD?

1 Like

Lol realtors lost the antitrust case, $1.7B in damages!!! Hahaha and could be treble damages! LOL REALTORS

2 Likes

just need google to lose theirs and it’s a great year for this

Any stories with a good explanation of this case?

Good summary here:

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/23/lawsuit-trial-broker-fees-real-estate-news

4 Likes

womp womp

1 Like

RIP ill gotten Saudi money. Easy come easy go.

1 Like

honestly this like when I heard the friends guy died, I was thinking “wasnt that like a year ago?”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/1719342065522184192

Yeah I mean what they’re doing is working. I hear people at the poker table whine about retail crime every 3 or 4 sessions. Trump taught everyone that if you hammer the same lie over and over it becomes an accepted fact by society, and big retailers know the mainstream media will report what they say as fact. So now they’re on the verge of getting some sort of bill passed to either subsidize their security or make penalties for retail theft absurd - which would be fitting of our late stage capitalist dystopia.

1 Like