2024 LC Thread #1 - Elder Fraud Advice

If you’re painting indoors in your residence, you want 0 VOC (and 0 VOC for the coloring) paint. That shit is more expensive than the regular.

Drugs?

https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1720551069179318555?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Say what you want about her politics but she was great on The White Lotus.

I need a venn diagram of

1. people who call you a commie if you even imply that something in the US is less than perfect or that any other country does anything better than we do it here

2. people who call you a commie if you suggest that privilege is a real thing

Seems like 1 is a subset of 2. Group 2 includes a lot of people who think things are better in Russia and Hungary.

This year’s San Jose Sharks might be the worst hockey team in history. Through 11 games they are 0-10-1 (tied with their '95-'96 edition and several other teams for 2nd-longest winless streak to start a season in NHL history, with only the '43-'44 Rangers ahead of them with an impressive 15 that these Sharks will surely challenge), and after following up a 10-1 loss to Vancouver with a 10-2 loss to Pittsburgh they’re the first team since 1966 to give up 10 goals in consecutive games. They were a very bad hockey team last year, and that was with Erik Karlsson winning the Norris trophy and their leading goal scorer Timo Meier, both of whom they have since traded away; they are now in uncharted territory.

I used to enjoy watching hockey :harold:

1 Like

Are they tanking? Does this draft have a prodigy in it?

They are definitely rebuilding which is kinda indistinguishable from tanking. No clue about the draft but the NHL has a lottery system for the top picks.

The Oilers did this for years and look where it got them, the best player in hockey and nothing else to show for it :harold:

Yeah I used to be a diehard Flyers fan, watched 75+ regular season games a year and never missed a playoff game. But then life got in the way and when I tried to make time, they’ve been so poorly run they weren’t worth the time. I also worked in minor league hockey briefly and so many of them were such assholes, it turned me off a bit on the sport.

They may be turning a corner so I may try again to get back into it. Seems like in the NHL and NBA, tanking is strategically correct at times but the success rate still isn’t amazing. You’ve got to win the lottery, have the prodigy pan out, and build successfully around him.

Rebuilding seems easier in the NBA, maybe because you need fewer players to make a big impact than in the NHL. Like the Sixers and The Process built a pretty good team even if it hasn’t quite gotten them to the finals (but they were a Kawhi buzzer-beater from OT in game 7 of the conference finals, so pretty damn close), and the Thunder’s rebuild seems like it’s on the cusp of making them scary for years to come. It worked for the Cavs too after they got Kyrie and Wiggins (who they turned into Kevin Love via trade) and brought LeBron back.

Yeah the recent stuff with the league caving to 7 bigots over Pride Night isn’t encouraging, might be the most deplorable of the big 4 sports leagues and that’s against stiff competition.

2 Likes

lol randomly saw this on TV and it’s both hilariously dumb…and also a little fun?

I would smash my face on one of those bars within 10 seconds.

This is so gross.

I’m fine with it… in Florida. People should leave that state now before it sinks lol.

california will collapse into the sea whenever the “big one” hits, not much better. I’m banking on alaska becoming quite temperate when the climate crisis really kicks off.

Congrats on the dub @goofy.

coming soon: new Spirit Halloween location

https://twitter.com/LasVegasSun/status/1722355385254793440

Just went to Panera, the super charged or whatever 1k calorie 10 cup of coffee caffeine drinks aren’t there anymore. Woke mob cancel culture

1 Like

how the fuck are their costs that high? where is it going?

Maybe they had to pay U2 a lot? The construction went like $2 billion over budget lol Dolan Family