2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Don’t campaign websites typically have, you know, lists of accomplishments, policy positions, and reasons why the candidate wants and deserves your vote?

I keep seeing a 15-second Joe Biden ad before almost every YouTube video I watch. I wanted to post it here but when I visit the campaign site not only can I not find any ads, I can’t really find anything but a store to buy swag and a bunch of buttons to donate or volunteer.

I almost think I must be missing something, but this seems inexcusably inadequate.

I thought you were exaggerating a bit, but the website is worse than I imagined.

Trump’s campaign website actually has policy proposals. When your website has less substantial content than Trump’s, it’s really bad.

2 Likes

They have stuff on official websites

it is kinda weird though.

That website is HORRENDOUS.

With the exception of a single YouTube video, that website is 100% dedicated to begging for money.

eDems gonna eDem

That’s what 100% of their campaign texts are for too.

Michigan will not vote for Trump

https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1776781465214214349?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

1 Like

Cmon home state!

So Bullfinch Group, whoever that is, counts, but Emerson doesn’t?

Emerson has Trump up 43-41 in Michigan. In fact 6 of 6 polls of Michigan on 538 in the last few weeks have Trump winning.

I’m admittedly posting only good news, but I refuse to believe, for a second, that a state that has voted for legal weed, abortion, and Whitmer since 2016 will vote for Trump again. You could show me a dozen polls showing Trump winning, I’m not buying it.

1 Like

If you didn’t show me polls and said that, I would probably agree. But we have months of polling telling a different story and that would be dangerous to ignore.

I mean, didn’t Florida vote overwhelmingly for a minimum wage increase and the GOP in the same election a couple years ago?

Also some of these Michigan polls show an easy win in the Senate for the Dems, and Biden losing. So that’s extra concerning.

Florida is also voting for Desantis with a big GOP legistature. Michigan is not the same.

That doesn’t make sense, and I really doubt it’s true.

I don’t like playing the “unskewing” game, it usually doesn’t work for the unskewing side. I think there are two viable theories that go hand-in-hand, one is that people who are pissed at Biden will come home and the other is that his campaign can address concerns in the coming months and bring them home. I guess there’s a third that’s big too: the idea of Trump at this point is more tame than the reality of Trump, which 95% of people have been shielded from for a few years.

I guess my thing is, why gamble on that stuff instead of running a campaign that gives people a tangible reason to come home and a tangible reason to vote for Biden instead of against Trump

Good thing that you have never been wrong about Trump’s electability before.

Do we need to be worried about this?

Not sure but it’s a literal LOL EDEMS! In 2020 both parties would’ve missed it and got a one time exemption and then dems STILL didn’t change their convention date.

1 Like

That would be pretty disastrous for Brown I’d think. And because of that Ohio R’s will do everything in their power to make it happen.

1 Like
1 Like

Looking forward to the SCOTUS ruling that while Colorado absolutely cannot under any circumstances remove an insurrectionist from the ballot, OF COURSE Ohio can remove Biden.

I don’t think it’s like that at all. Ohio apparently has a date that you have to be the candidate by, and dems scheduled the DNC after that.

Ehhh I think it’s enough like that, in that if the situation were the other way around, SCOTUS would never allow a blue state to keep Trump off the ballot for this reason.

2 Likes