2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Whoever is going to be the nominee is not in doubt. All that has to happen is jumping the formality by a few days by submitting the obvious paperwork in Ohio. This is a total nothing unless you are a total weirdo who thinks that the convention could conceivably nominate someone else.

We’re talking about the Republican Party of Ohio, presumably at the state legislature level?

Might actually be a good opportunity for SCOTUS to appear nonbiased though, given that Ohio isn’t going to be anywhere near the tipping point.

AFAIK there is no actual rule in Ohio that there has to be a convention before filing to be on the ballot in Ohio. They just file and then have the convention, and no one gives a shit that the filing in Ohio happened first.

I mean I agree with you on the merit, but would you honestly be shocked if the Ohio GOP goes for it?

Thought experiment:

Would it be better if Biden wasn’t on the ballot in Ohio? I don’t think the answer is as obvious as it might seem.

As mentioned before, Ohio is never going to be the tipping point state. So the big question is, would de facto not having a concurrent presidential vote be better for Sherrod Brown’s chances?

It would be bad for turn out, and low turn out is usually bad for Dems. Many people won’t show up unless they get to vote for president.

I don’t think people truly appreciate how deranged the Republican party has become on the topic of immigration. It’s the crack cocaine of American politics, Trump has them all strung out and they can’t think about anything else. Full-on Weimar Republic shit.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1777337618490933584?t=RLG8JHs9lal06dFn9C6Q9A&s=19

I think we’d all feel better about Brown’s chances in a midterm, because he needs split tickets to win in a presidential. There’s a chance not having Biden on the ticket would lower Trump’s turnout more than Dem turnout, because the state wouldn’t be competitive at all.

LMAO they’re claiming they filmed “cartel scouts” and lived to tell about it?

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1778176321815806370

Oh, well, if it would be cumbersome then I guess just leave them off the ballot, why try DNC? It’s only a fucking presidential election. Holding a fucking online vote is too cumbersome, gmafb eDems.

So much for running up the popular vote… OH and AL accounted for over 3.5 million Biden votes in 2020, according to Wikipedia.

0 in the only count that counts.

Again, just total political suicide here

A recent Wall Street Journal poll of seven battleground states found that 39% of suburban women cite abortion as a make-or-break issue for their vote—making it by far the most motivating issue for the group. Nearly three-quarters of them say the procedure should be legal all or most of the time, and a majority thinks Trump’s policies are too restrictive.

1 Like

Like many suicide attempts, I think it is going to be unsuccessful. He’s still gonna win.

I’m skeptical of the Dems’ chances, but this really is an incredibly dumb move for the GOP. They’re giving the Dems a loaded gun here.

If you give a blind quadriplegic a loaded gun, how worried should you really be?

https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1779636645437833555?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Wouldn’t this poll imply that a high turnout election would be bad for Biden?

Except, well scoreboard.