2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

I’m neutral on Biden dropping out, but mostly because of the perception of Biden among dems. I don’t think the perception is based in much reality.

I also haven’t seen shit in polls to suggest it will make some massive difference yet, but that’s not too helpful either imo

Ie stuff like this is far more of a problem than the debate

https://x.com/voteblackpac/status/1810762505066795451?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

The reality is that at no point recently has he looked or sounded like a person who should have one of (if not the) most important jobs in the world for the next 54 months.

(And no, anything where he’s reading off a script/teleprompter does not count in his favor)

Biden has passed one of the most ambitious and progressive agendas since at least lbj, with massive wins on environmental issues while presiding over a period of great economic prosperity with a razor thin senate margin, but sure you can have your opinion

The delusion is strong with this one, an no point has America agreed with your assessment of his Presidency. Even if I agree with you that this stuff is good, half the job of President is explaining why it is good. And the man can’t talk…. George Clooney and every slick talking liberal in America has tried talking on his behalf to this point but it turns out it’s an indispensable part of the job. Who knew?

None of that refutes my point.

Just… wow. What is any of this based on? As far as I can tell from looking at the distribution of wealth and income, this is Trump’s second term with different decorations.

Doesn’t it though? Unless your only way of judging Biden is what you hear on the tv during the debate, it does.

Biden had relatively strong approval ratings right until he withdrew from Afghanistan… so I really don’t give a fuck what “America” thinks about anything really.

Dems 2024: We don’t give a fuck what America thinks about anything!

It’s a bold strategy, Cotton! Let’s see if it pays off.

1 Like

Great slogan, you should join the Biden campaign team! Would fit right in, lol.

You didn’t read that exchange properly

Pretty sure I read it properly, which is to say it’s a small misrepresentation of what you said in that post that happens to be an accurate representation of your overall vibe on the Biden situation, which makes it a good spot for the Cotton meme reference.

It almost feels like the Whitmers and Newsoms are in a bit of a shadow primary as Biden surrogates. Give me Whitmer on the top of the ticket, Warnock/Pete/Shapiro as VP depending on what you’re after. She’s a boss.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1811225100341170510?t=jjPdMcTmHdxoj3qBqXU49w&s=19

3 Likes

Here’s my non-conspiracy conspiracy theory. Biden wants more time to prove he can still get it done, party leaders know it’s better to make the switch after the GOP convention, or even during - kind of buries the bad news cycle and/or sucks the air out of the GOP convention. Plus Congressional Dems are naturally inclined to hem and haw and want him to stumble some more.

Perfect timing now is Biden doesn’t convince anyone after the Holt interview Monday, Tuesday the dam breaks, Biden announces Wednesday/Thursday he’s dropping out, Dems on Friday announce a speed dating primary. GOP blows their convention airtime trashing Biden/Harris.

It’s not quite a conspiracy, so much as everyone acting in their own interest and the party’s joint interest.

1 Like

Obama showed up to the USA-Canada exhibition basketball game tonight in Vegas and got cheers from the crowd, they also mentioned he had dinner with the team last night. I imagine they keep it pretty light but you gotta imagine someone asked him what the hell is going on with Joe.

Again, there is never any 4D chess plan from democrats, ever.

this sounds great, it’s obviously a good move to let Trump finally make his VP announcement then immediately pre-empt his attention, etc etc

but if the DNC had all these grand strategists we wouldn’t be in this position to begin with

1 Like

https://x.com/andrewsolender/status/1811364511540031488?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

What time this press conference today?

Feels like the 2 most likely results are

1-gives some pre memorized generic/short responses mostly unrelated to specific questions

Or

2-only takes questions for a couple minutes

Feel like neither going to be reassuring but also not bad enough to spur massive change and folks will be like well let’s see the Monday interview