2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

You’d have a point if we hadn’t defeated Medicare.

So it’s…… everyone else’s fault other than the guy 85% of voters say is too old for the job? Interesting!

Pretty sure he was just reading off a teleprompter about Kamala. He was looking in that direction and his eyes were moving back and forth.

Ya it seems obvious the prompter must be putting up some answers on the fly here. I’ve seen him do that a couple times.

Someone give me an honest answer: on a scale of 1-10, how bad was Biden’s speech?

The speech was mostly fine besides a persistent cough. The Q&A session has been rough.

Mediocre other than calling Kamala, “Vice President Trump.”

Also that hypothetical about Zelensky striking the Kremlin was pretty stupid.

Ok but have you considered that this article says “at least” in the sub-headline? Tread lightly.

I really thought his speech, and this Q and A have been fine.

I also just think the perception of him running is too damning for him to continue in this race.

1 Like

My rep:

3 Likes

I didn’t get to watch but the NYT reporter snippets make it sound like it threading the woat needle of not convincing people to back Biden but also not giving more to push him out?

When he can’t finish the point they’ve coached him to just stop and say “well anyway.” Jesus Christ this is a fucking disaster.

1 Like

Finishing it up with some poll unskewing.

The problem with Biden’s speech is that he can’t speak.

I think (could be wrong) that skydiver was also telling you to read carefully because even if a replacement gets on the ballot, Biden might still be listed on the ballot in some states.

I concur that this is the topic of discussion.

OK well you implied that you might be missing the point. But it seems like you just want to be angry. Understood.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1811561694130303150?t=JqxXSsL2rJKvaEdTMYArmA&s=19

It’s not that hard, let me help you two out:

“Joe Biden has been a great president, and he’s made some remarkable accomplishments, such as (insert a few). That said, he’s shown some troubling signs of cognitive decline, and we don’t think he should be the president in another four years. In the best interest of the country and the party, we’re calling on Joe Biden to step down as the nominee for 2024 and cement his excellent legacy.”

Signed,
Barack Obama
Nancy Pelosi
Etc etc

1 Like

Obama might be able to say something like that but no way does 84 year old Nancy Pelosi want to open the cognitive decline can o’ worms.