2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho realized the country had a fundamental problem and seeked out the smartest person he could find to fix it.

Comancho>>>Trump

3 Likes

Yeah you didn’t watch it

Thread

https://x.com/petersterne/status/1814151594012754255?t=dMaIWiWwEudPuCWjtemzEQ&s=19

Cliffs: AOC thinks Biden is the Democrats’ best shot, worries about other candidates not making it on all ballots due to legal shenanigans by the GOP

Not only that, Camacho made a massive mistake, overreacted, saw he was wrong and immediately corrected himself.

2 Likes

I can’t get it to open up as a non-X user but what is the mechanism that they could keep a D nominee off ballot if they made the change before convention?

Do states have laws that you have to be the nominee and also most primary votes or something?

Nate already said this, but if one party can keep their primary political opponent off ballots by using “legal shenanigans” then you have something much bigger than a candidate problem on your hands.

1 Like

https://x.com/petersterne/status/1814156917339562358?t=B3VDN18MpTeabjcQzhEJ1g&s=19

https://x.com/petersterne/status/1814157379266625874?t=rfCI-mvq3gd_MOvjBHir_Q&s=19

Obviously. The Supreme Court is controlled by the GOP. That’s already terrible. If they also hold the presidency they can do whatever the hell they please.

So do they usually submit all the paperwork to be on a ballot before the nominee is actually selected? Seems bizarre

Can you give us your thoughts on how it compared to Bidens debate performance, or have you still not watched that?

(Genuinely curious, not trolling)

AOC living long enough to see herself become the villain?

She might be wrong but that doesn’t make her a villain

1 Like

I’m not sure she’s wrong.however Bidens win equity is essentially zero so the attempt should still be made.

1 Like

I can think of a ton of excellent reasons why the left wing of the party doesn’t want their finger prints on pushing Biden out. This becomes extra true if Nancy and Barrack are going to do it anyway.

Oh so do you have to watch something in its entirety before giving your opinion or not? Because literally no one here watched the entirety of Trumps 92 minutes of rambling.

The concern is that the convention is very late in the calendar, and there are some deadlines in some states (for example California) where it is hard to logistically do everything officially before the deadline. In the past this never mattered because of civility or whatever. But you could easily see a scenario where something goes to SCOTUS and they are like too bad but the Dems don’t have anyone on the ballot.

Big difference between not pushing out and aoc’s hour long speech here though.

Why can’t they do whatever paperwork being done for Biden for all the other relevant folks also and submit whichever they need? I guess what I’m wondering is if they genuinely planned to just submit all Biden stuff before it was official or what usually happens

What would have happened if there had been a real, competitive primary with like a dozen candidates and after all the primaries there we were four people with ~20% of the delegates?

California is going to play ball. Is there a non-D trifecta state that is in play where this is an issue? I assume not, or the Biden side would be throwing it in everyone’s face. So far the worst I’ve heard is Ohio, which is probably not even an issue, and Dems can’t win it anyway. I get that it’s an issue down ballot, but that’s a risk we should be thrilled to take if it reduces our risk of Trump/fascism.