2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

In my extremely scientific analysis Im personally worried minority voters are going to be getting Trumpier than would be expected but I suspect going to be outweighed by women fleeing him.

There’s also a huge goldfish effect where people forget how awful he is then remember when they see him, which won’t happen until like October,

At the end of the day it’s just a turnout thing in like 3 states. Do the cousin fuckers show up en masse or not, that’s it.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1790369913942503902

I mean, he’s right to ignore them until much closer to the election. The alleged weakness among young black voters is based on a sample size of literally 6 people who answered their phone for a stupid poll 6 months before the election.

Also, what should he be doing differently in response to the polls? Hes already doing wildly popular shit. His biggest weaknesses are immigration and the economy and he can’t actually do much on either and is up against a massive propaganda machine.

1 Like

Is that correct, 6 people?

Yes, that’s how many 18-29 year old black males were polled.

No crosstabs but I have a guess!

https://x.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1790493131307118669?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

Sulzberger crying and punching the air

I didn’t see this covered anywhere which is really just a great sign of how hilariously slanted the coverage of this race is (because the media corporations want the race to be close and further the best outcome for them on a capitalist level is for sure a second Trump term).

Totally normal. Totally. Guy doesn’t seem to know Hannibal Lecter is a fictional character while simultaneously praising that fictional serial killer. This isn’t news apparently in the US press? If Joe Biden so much as stutters the headline is “Is Joe Biden Too Old???”

I consume an enormous amount of news and someone had to link this to me for me to know about it.

1 Like

Seth Meyers mentioned it in last night’s Closer Look, but otherwise I wouldn’t have heard about it either.

Yeah it’s wild. I linked it in the trumpbot thread a few days ago.

But the NYT is running an actual personal vendetta against Biden.

https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1790713878248038478

June is super early right?

Yeah, I went back to 1976 on Wikipedia and didn’t seen any that occurred before mid-September.

The party conventions are after June LOL. They won’t even technically be the nominees yet.

this gives the democrats a chance to pull the plug if it’s a disaster

Early voting though. That’s a relatively new thing.

Also, NYT has something sourced that “Trump Campaign Officials, to a tee, believe that Biden has significantly deteriorated since the 2020 debates and they want the country to see that.”

I mean, maybe they’re right, but it kind of sounds like they’re getting high on their own supply and have just made a critical error. Because I don’t know much, but I do know that Trump sure as shit has deteriorated more than Biden. The man can’t even stay awake at his fucking felony trial.

yeah I don’t see how they’re unaware of this, just watch him in these rallies where he constantly makes really weird vocalizations (mumbles, word transpositions etc, that god awful cadence when he’s reading off the teleprompter)

Trump voters don’t care.