2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

That’s way too smart of an idea for the Dems to come up with.

It’ll kill voter enthusiasm a bit, I think. It was much easier to go out to vote when Trump was dunking on Hillary.

What gaffe could be possible commit that he hasn’t already done before in the past 8 years? Who are the voters who pay attention to the debate or its coverage but are also unaware of who Trump really is?

1 Like

I think it’s the vibe. Trump seems less like a fun, confident troll and more like a confused old man rambling about how great Frank Sinatra is looking these days.

Remember, the last two Biden/Trump debates were a disaster for Trump.

After which he gained ~7 million votes compared to 2016 and lost the election by ~43k votes in 3 states.

It was actually 11 million votes.

:harold:

1 Like

Honestly feel like the Biden is senile thing is so engrained he kinda freerolling

Sure, most people are locked in, but swinging a few percent is all it takes.

This too. Trump Republicans have been HORRIBLE at playing the expectations game. They played up Biden as a drooling invalid in advance of the SOTU, and then they had to make excuses about him being on drugs after a speech that was unremarkable compared to the lofty standards of Obama and Slick Willy. They won’t be able to help themselves but make the same mistake again, because Trump is too stupid not to make the same mistake again himself.

1 Like

right but they’re already voting for trump, that’s not who they need to worry about

Yeah I’m pretty adamant that Biden has deteriorated enough that he shouldn’t be POTUS, and even I think he’s going to wipe the floor with Trump, who has clearly deteriorated WAY more from an already worse starting condition.

1 Like

If we’re being fair, Biden voters don’t care either.

Biden can incoherently babble for a full hour and look like he should be involuntarily committed. I’m still taking that over Trump and I suspect I’m not alone.

Part of my rationalization is that Biden will at least have competent and sane handlers. Trump will not.

5 Likes

I’m more worried about Trump doing so poorly that the Rs make a switch to a “normie” like Haley.

Yes I realize how unrealistic that is in reality.

This would be an incredible outcome. All the MAGA only Republicans would stay home, Biden would cruise.

Edit: Not gonna happen, though.

Yeah, imagine that during the debate he says it’s OK to grab women by the pussy, if you’re famous they let you do it.

Or that he says that if NATO countries don’t pony up he’ll encourage Russia to invade them.

Or that January 6 insurrectionists are heroes and political prisoners.

Or if he mocked a disabled person on stage for all to see?

He surely would be replaced then!

1 Like

https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1791228923348500730

3 Likes

1 Like

jbouie

non-paywall link

1 Like

https://x.com/BidenHQ/status/1791644668901392451?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1791644668901392451|twgr^30980fd26113d105d1d348a515e6540cce933950|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fdonald-trump-blames-crappy-contractor-after-onstage-wobble-1902159

Haley is like the Right’s Hillary Clinton, utterly and completely unelectable. More likely they go with some Trumpy guy like JD Vance.

2 Likes