2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

https://x.com/cookpolitical/status/1821479486233235587?s=46

7 Likes

Good thing she didn’t pick Shapiro though!

1 Like

So is there some reason Harris isn’t calling Trump a rapist? Not sure why they don’t pound the convicted felon rapist angle more.

1 Like

I think they’re gonna let “weird” cook for a while

1 Like

Wasn’t there a free Bon Iver concert?

I remain pretty unconvinced that this is a primary reason he wasn’t picked but I guess we need to wait for the book deals

What’s a Bon Iver.

Kendrick Lamar unlocked the key to modern politics, just point out how weird the other guy is and yell THEY NOT LIKE US THEY NOT LIKE US over and over.

1 Like

Bone EYE-ver

Ask your uncle.

It’s really an impossible counterfactual and not worth Monday Morning QBing. Nobody knows how Shapiro oppo would stick. Maybe he’d do better than Walz, maybe not.

Point is: Kamala has completely reinvigorated the party somehow and basically took the race from 90/10 Trump to 50/50 (already) on her own. There’s reason to believe the vibes not seen since 2008 Obama would continue in PA, and parts elsewhere, regardless of who she picked as VP. She is really on a path to win fairly comfortably, especially as Trump does nothing to stop her and his VP is roundly disliked.

All of the “Nate Silver VP Home State Math” is kind of meaningless in the one off situation like what we’re in now.

2 Likes

Yeah I think current polls/calculations definitely underestimate Harris true chance because what we seeing now is essentially her numbers with no campaigning. So unless she the WOAT campaigner or Trump suddenly becomes more competent then this feels like the floor not the ceiling. Obviously black swans/etc could still sink us

There’s also the question of if she can keep this initial enthusiasm at that level for three more months.

That’s a whole lot easier than keeping it going 20+ months like the usual way we do it…

Trump presser has Festivus vibes.

“He had 14 million votes, she had no votes, no votes. I think she’s crashing, when people find out.”

“We had the best border in the history of our country, now we have the worst border in the history of the world.”

“Our country is going down because of the incompetence of these people.”

He’s calling for debates 9/4, 9/10, 9/25, but she has to agree to his terms.

Now taking questions.

Trump shitting on Shapiro now, for some reason.

Trump wants to do Fox on 9/4, then ABC/NBC on the later dates. Sets up the most obvious rug pull ever, right?

Trump says he had 100,000 people at his crowd in NJ, Kamala had at most 2,000 yesterday.

LOL

Edit: now he says 1,500 and he had 10 times, 20 times, 30 times the crowd size.

Edit: now he says she had 1,000 people.

Edit: Now he says he has not one hundred thousand but hundreds of thousands of people at his rallies, hundreds of thousands. Says he had 88,000 (lol nazi) in North Carolina.

1 Like