2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

I don’t bet on politics but do think plugged in people massively over react to the good and bad so lines probably moving more than they should so there has to be some good bets out there this AM

So we’re pretty fucked rn.

This is where I’m at this morning too. I was high on the drop out hopium last night but that’s not a realistic scenario. Since when do any of these people care more about the right move for the country vs the right move for them. We couldn’t even get RBG to step down. And we’re expecting it from the guy who claimed only he could beat Trump in 2020? It’s not happening. He’ll continue believing he just needs to message better and everything will be ok.

Nobody’s shanking him either. It would split the party and lead to an even more dysfunctional defeat. And nobody’s pulling that trigger. Believing in Mueller in 2017 was more rational. None of these systems will save us.

https://x.com/markamesexiled/status/1806506303868612712?s=46&t=mdG4vqCfpbP4Xp4esdQ98A

We gotta get Biden to visit front lines in Ukr and get injured by shrapnel and heroically step down

DNC official messaging as if this morning

The absolute absurdity of, this is the most important election ever, the future of democracy relies on this election.

Combined with, our only hope is this 81 year old man who can’t speak a complete sentence and has the 1000 yard stare of a man close to the grave.

Paging @skydiver8

So what is the plan?

This is a terrible, full panic idea

Seems like some of y’all really wanted Biden to drop out the whole time more than it being a good idea

1 Like

What you think is the best idea? I think Biden would continue to be a very good president into his next term and could always step down to Kamala if ever got to be too much but that just didn’t look electable yesterday. I guess if they can really sell up the he was sick and show him super energetic for a couple weeks could recover but it’s a bad spot now.

Nope, been an adamant Biden supporter the whole time. Just aware enough to recognize that last night was a complete disaster and we can’t risk continuing on with the Biden candidacy.

1 Like

Lol, a guy in complete and utter denial says what?

It’s fine guys. Biden still has 20% equity! You’re all just haters.

The issue isn’t just how completely incapable Biden looked last night. But now reports are out from every MSM source that Biden needs to be replaced. There’s no coming back from that. So the decision is step aside or hand the election to Donald Trump. Joe Biden is not winning this election.

Well I won’t claim to know all or whatever, but I am frustrated that the democrats have had more coherent messaging about Biden needing to drop out than for Trump when he was convicted. Seems like that is a bad plan.

In the end, I don’t think anything has changed. Replacing Biden is a huge risk and comes with very real costs if you don’t have some sort of consensus second candidate… and you don’t. The caucus would be further fractured by a brokered convention

Ok then, what’s the plan and process you’re going to use to replace Biden? Convince me how picking Harris or Newsom or whoever likely ends in a better, more unified Democratic Party

I very much agree with the msm stuff being a problem, but that’s the result of democrats which, again, seems like a really bad strategy

Yeah objectively Biden is still the same president he was last week (potentially one the best ever IMO) but he has lost the media and the normies based on Facebook. Like 3 people I’ve only ever see occasionally post general left leaning messages like pride pictures/etc but nothing overly political put up the Simpsons “we are in danger” meme. I still think Biden would be a good president for another while but I recognize I in minority and that doesn’t win elections.

That being said it’s just the first quarter, lot of game left for something to change but feels like you want to be the team hoping to win unless a black swan wrecks you not the team hoping for a black swan to get you there

2 Likes

Races are littered with candidates who had bad debate performances and did fine. The one thing that I haven’t seen yet is some sort of dagger meme or ad that has caught on in a way that actually ends a campaign.

Dems seem super panicky and, frankly, soft as fuck, as a group