2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Not a live boy or dead girl so won’t matter.

Starting to feel like if it happens it’s happening next week, not this week, which is a huge win for the Biden team running out the clock. Overall markets without a date still have him a slight underdog to be the nominee, fwiw.

Great bet by me huh lol. I was hoping for more smoke from the Sunday morning interview sessions which I did not get. I still think I have a chance but I tend to agree with CW that it might not happen right away. I still think there is close to a 0% chance Biden is the nom.

Also what is this from? I assume you or someone else from here probably put this up since it is my avatar from UP :leolol:

ETA: Ah polymarket. Can you bet from the US on here? Also wow I am a huge fish I could have just bet this as over twice the odds.

1 Like

Yeah, just feel like it’s always good to get things sorted when there is something on the line.

Isn’t it so much more fun this way with the friendship and camaraderie though :harold:

2 Likes

I owe you more than a few donations anyways in the grand scheme of life so it all works out :stabby:

1 Like

Listen here Jack, you lying dog-faced pony soldier. I ain’t backing down. Nobody’s gonna push Darkseid Robonet Brandon out of this horse race. Bob Baffert ain’t walking through that door, and there’s nothing you or your pinko friends here can do about it. I’m the antediluvian white male savior who started this race and I’m the one who’s gonna finish it. You’re nothing but phony bologna piled high on a malarkey sandwich. So pull those bets back and save your money, pal. You’re gonna need it to fund my campaign. That $100 only buys 20 minutes from our top advisor these days, and we’re still months away from cementing my legacy.

1 Like

Yeah feel like lot of people are kind of like well let’s see how this NATO pressor goes this week and they only need to manage to do that once or twice more after that to get to a early vote due to the Ohio thing

Right. That said, I assume there will be a decent amount of European press at the NATO presser. They’re way better at their jobs, tougher, and more aggressive than American press on average. They/their audience also have a major vested interest in having a competent non-Trump president given current world events.

This is making the rounds:

And seems like shit you see on TV more than a good plan.

This is not unlike my initial suggestion, and it would be great. Add a debate or two and let’s do it!

Each one of these made-for-TV events - the forums they suggest, the debates I’m suggesting, are an opportunity to get large audiences of potential voters to tune in and hear about Democratic ideas and how bad Trump is, with no Republican voices to push back. It’s also a chance to dominate the news cycle for a month and a half.

4 Likes

By the way, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that most of the people who would likely run this year if Biden steps down are backing him fully - the delegates they would need the support of are Biden’s delegates. So they’re going to be among his fiercest supporters right up until it’s over.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is a situation were betting markets are going to be too predictive. There is no committee making this decision. It’s solely Biden’s.

That being said I got Biden +250, but that was for the nom

At least he’s a grifter who will try to pocket it rather than spend in the way most effective for this campaign.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1810033291560366191?t=uQiZ6pGuNQtxYWSXUsk9WQ&s=19

Update: VinceCarter.gif has finished stretching, and he’s heading for the pre-game layup line and shootaround. He recognizes that his moment is coming, and he will be ready when it arrives.

2 Likes

Counting the ones on the private leadership call, I believe we’re now up to 10 House Dems calling for him to step down - including one saying he prefers resignation.

Yeah this going to be the shitty part. I think would be fine for him to finish out term but it’s going to be just constant distraction, honestly not sure best way for them to handle

The big problem though is that it’s still 100% up to Joe Biden, and it sounds like he values the opinions of his family above Democratic leaders.

Joe did sound kinda resigned.

Silly word jokes aside, I’m curious how The Daily Show will affect the polls. I’ve not been watching Last Week Tonight. Maybe tonight there will be some needle moving coverage.

1 Like