2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Ok sure, let’s bet. Name your judgment criteria, FYI - the work has been done already.

Hint: this is a very bad bet for you

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/07/08/joe-kahn-biden-age-new-york-times/

And like, here’s something I think was a big story:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/03/us/politics/heritage-foundation-2025-policy-america.html

The NYT wrote one article about this. One! Dozens of breathless articles per day in the last week and a half about Biden’s age, versus the head of a major conservative group setting up a roadmap (Project 2025) that a victorious Trump transition team will almost certainly adopt and the NYT writing one article about this guy being like, yeah we’re gonna start shooting if anyone stands in our way.

The NYT is the New York Post for educated libs, it’s bad over there.

3 Likes

And to be clear this isn’t just about Joe Biden in the last two weeks: this is the Times’ playbook on Gaza protests at universities, on gender-affirming care for trans youth, on Hillary’s emails in 2016, it’s been a long-ass time that they’ve been awful when they latch onto a topic like this.

1 Like

I’d concede the NYT “wants Trump to win” if a trusted source, like the Washington Post or Economist, did a data analysis on who had the most negative articles on them from 2016 to 2024. If it was just 2020 to 2024, I’d need some kind of a credible adjustment for the fact that virtually all news relates to the sitting President.

Biden is now -325 where I got +250. :gem: :gem: :gem: hands as the kids say.

Now just need my +1000 and +350 general election bets to come in. Could hedge to lock in breakeven pretty easily, Biden is +275, Trump is -175. But I don’t think I will.

I’ve read alot of the recent NYT Editorials saying Biden should resign. Virtually all of them cited Trump’s obvious unfitness as a reason Biden should resign in favor of a stronger candidate and then of course said they would slam the button for Kamala or anyone else Ds nominated.

Very odd multilayered conspiracy they are engaged in here.

Can you point me to the NYT opinion article calling for Trump to resign?

The NYT let a guy with a fucking wish.com Hitler picture post an article telling people to not vote. I understand your frustrations, but they’re out of control right now.

2 Likes

https://x.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1808861013728440326

2 Likes

Biden is President today so actually would be relevant to go so far as to mention his obvious unfitness in the article about the Supreme Court ruling giving Presidents virtually unchecked power.

He can’t duck his unfitness by pointing to other shiny objects nor should a credible press that is doing its job allow him too.

Well Biden is clearly much more obviously gone than Trump even though Trump is also obviously less than he was previously (which isn’t saying much). So it makes sense his decline is covered more, everyone knows Trump is a moron and Bidens decline seems abrupt and severe.

“So I said, ‘Let me ask you a question, and [the guy who makes boats in South Carolina] said, ‘Nobody ever asked this question,’ and it must be because of MIT, my relationship to MIT —very smart. He goes, I say, ‘What would happen if the boat sank from its weight? And you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?’”

“So I said, so there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards or here, do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking? Water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted, or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted? Because I will tell you, he didn’t know the answer. He said, ‘You know, nobody’s ever asked me that question.” I said, ‘I think it’s a good question.’ I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water. But you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted, I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark. So we’re going to end that.”

It’s like comparing which of your shits is prettier man. And no i don’t think Biden is capable of reading those sentences much less having them come out of his brain.

He literally speaks in pure gibberish and can barely read the teleprompter.

2 Likes

Our resident medical expert being the biggest stan for a person who probably has trouble doing basic life functions at 81 being the president until 2029 is fucking incredible by the way.

1 Like

…and this was the piece mentioned here where the whole thing is a lie, the author is a weird Christian nationalist dude who voluntarily chose to adopt a look at some point in his life that readers can draw their own conclusions from and, crucially to the subject of his opinion piece, does vote!!!

AOC coming out for Biden is making me rethink my priors on whether Biden should drop out tbh.

AOC has long ago sold her soul to the DemE crew man. That dream died and not that recently.

I dunno:

If she follows through on this she’s doing more than, like, any other member of the Democratic Party on trying to hold the court accountable

Good interview with Congressman Adam Smith laying out the case that Joe’s gotta go.

I have literally never heard of this guy and I would snap take him as a replacement for Biden on the ticket.

Yes, it is a distraction from talking about our message, from talking about Donald Trump. But given President Biden’s performance in the debate, what has happened since then, we can’t do that. I want the most effective messenger possible because the stakes could not be higher.

Oddly the farther you are from Democratic leadership the more likely you are to speak out against this insane shit. Probably a coincidence.

1 Like