2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Is Dementia Don Melting Down?

This should be so easy, but I don’t see it playing out that way.

You can’t be a younger, more energetic Biden if you’re not a white male. Walz wins this easy as he can play that part. Kamala is gonna make it a sweat. Too much racism and misogyny out there.

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1843509795011358880?t=uvn0qHU7sIGyvfBqSc_eYQ&s=19

1 Like

This one first Harris decent polls from NYT right?

NYT this AM

“ And then there’s Florida.

Our first poll of the state this cycle finds Mr. Trump ahead by a staggering 13 points, 55 percent to 41 percent (again, rounded figures)”

That sounds a hell of a lot more likely than Trump +2 in FLA.

This is the first time she’s led in a NYT pole I think.

I’m done pretending any of these tech/business bros have a damn clue. Zukerberg spent a billion dollars to create a shittier version of Second Life. These guys all thought Elizabeth Holmes was the next Steve Jobs, they are morons.

1 Like

Sure doesn’t feel like we are less than a month out. What a bizarre fucking world we live in.

Last cycle I was totally consumed by the election, this time I’m like a casual fan. Harris is running a very good campaign and I’m at peace with whatever happens. Obviously very privileged and a Trump win won’t ruin my life, but I’m almost resigned to the horror of the man now. Which I guess was the point all along.

1 Like

I think this one feels so different partly because last time we were all locked down in our homes for months with a raging pandemic. Now we have our regular lives to distract us from the election much more than in 2020.

Not only were we locked down in our homes but the guy calling all the shots on day to day policy stuff was Donald Trump and boy was he not good at it. The response to these hurricanes would have been a real sweat too with old Don Don at the helm. This situation is going to be really bad but at least we can expect the usual response to fire correctly when things go wrong.

1 Like

hahahahaha if only, you’re off by like… $43 billion

1 Like

Trump won by 2 in 2016 and 3.4 in 2020. It’s more likely the dems win than lose by 13.

2 Likes

At least the Dems are trying to put up a fight this time around instead of treating the presidency like it’s a scepter to be passed to the reigning party elder. I think if they lose it sort of conclusively proves that the country is irreparably broken. Rupert Murdoch figured out how to control Boomer minds with relentless propaganda and it worked. Sucks for all the people who’ve been systematically disenfranchised.

2 Likes

Doing my part to hopefully run up the score in NJ today. And voting against the MomsForLiberty/NJProject weirdos who are running for the BoE. Hopefully this is the last time I have to vote against a Trump, and not because he wins and does away with elections.

8 Likes

https://x.com/blockedfreq/status/1843665815889174564?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

How do they get the data about who is returning these? Does the county publish names of people who returned ballots and then they search for party ID?

I’m not sure.

Saw harris proposed Medicare covering more in home care services for elderly, seems would be a robustly popular policy.

Obviously expensive but that a discussion for a different time and I suspect lot the expenses already being borne by healthcare system elsewhere so may not actually cost nearly as much new money as the on paper cost would appear at first glance

1 Like