2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Is Dementia Don Melting Down?

With some people (basically out and out racists and a certain brand of suburban white), yes. Overall? No. Detroit and the surrounding area can criticize itself but outsiders not so much. People shitting on Detroit regularly happens with various sports stuff, and people get indignant every time.

Detroit is also in such a better place than it was 20 years ago. I was brought up with instructions to not stop at stop lights and to only go to Detroit for a concert or game. Yesterday a doctor friend of mine told me about how he was buying a condo downtown because it was so much fun. When I was in high school there were headlines about how there wasn’t a real grocery store in the whole city ffs. It’s such a better place now.

Anyways, watch the detroiters, they get it right

Two, three dollars for a Gatorade? I’m not paying that even in the Bay Area lol

The NYT article is from November, 2023?

seventeen dollars for ONE egg!

cool, cool

This shit slaps. The Detroit v Everybody is a thing in SE MI, and flipping it to Detroit v Trump is perfect.

https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1844807307604926715

5 Likes

Yeah more of this. Ending it with “you’re in Detroit, dumbass” or something would be perfect but this is great.

1 Like

That’s a good ad.

https://x.com/kthomasdc/status/1844822667808928222

This is such fucking loser energy, you can’t be like “Republicans represent a threat to everything we hold dear, and I intend to work hand in hand with them in my administration”

Yes you can. You’re trying to peel off 5% of republican voters.

2 Likes

I am okay with this as long as she’s lying.

1 Like

I doubt she is :harold:

Unfortunately

meh I think this is fine. A “council of advisors” is just a bunch of dipshits you can ignore anytime you want.

3 Likes

It’s shooting yourself in the foot. “I’m going to create a bipartisan council of advisors where the Republicans will get mad at me every time I want to do something good for my voting base, and will eventually start leaking to sympathetic NYT reporters to plant bad stories in the media about my administration and how it’s failing to uphold my commitment to bipartisanship”. Brilliant politics! (Unless never doing anything good for the Dem base is her intention from the start)

The very popular Republican mayor of Mesa has endorsed Kamala precisely for this reason.

1 Like

Where the median voter is in this country and how stupid parts of the left is in this country means going to the center is clearly the right play. I wouldn’t be particularly worried about her becoming super centrist

1 Like

this is going to happen no matter what she does

From who, though? There’s a difference between “random Republicans outside the Harris administration think she’s doing a bad job” (lol who cares, bye Felicia) and “Republicans that Harris invited into her policymaking circle think she’s doing a bad job”, which reflects worse on her.

1 Like

Why? Biden lied about it and faced no consequences.