2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

The biggest thing I worry about derailing momentum, separate from the campaigns themselves, is some shitty economic news, like bad job numbers for a couple months straight, another stock market drop that doesn’t bounce back immediately, etc.

Yes, they did too.

1 Like

I don’t think that would do it. They just restated last years job report downward to the tune of almost a million jobs. The reality is that when things are tough the economic platform the Dems are running on is more popular not less.

Also let’s not kid ourselves interest rates are going down next month and that’ll probably cause the stock market to go bananas again.

Looking forward to an official Harris/Walz press release about how the RFK endorsement (assuming it happens) is definitely going to help Trump/Vance with the bear poaching and dumping vote and the BBQ dog loving vote. He’d help them with the weirdo vote and the sexual assaulter vote, but Vance and Trump already deliver those.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty much exactly what the press release will be. God bless whoever the millenial social media pro that runs those accounts is. You know, if there happens to be a god, which is tough to believe in a universe where Donald Trump isn’t losing by a hundred points.

Tonight’s speakers:

Wes Moore (governor of Maryland)
Cory Booker
Chris Murphy (CT Senator)
Catherine Cortez Masto (NV Senator)
Amy Klobuchar
Hakeem Jeffries
Pete Buttigieg
Josh Shapiro
Nancy Pelosi
Bill Clinton
Tim Walz

(Mike Lukovich)

2 Likes

Sure, I can’t prove that the call was bad.

But I would wager that there were a lot of analysts at the AP sweating bullets the next day. The AP had never called a state wrong.

There was certainly a reason that the majority of news outlets didn’t call the state until a full week later.

Bring it.

I have a feeling Pete is going to bring the heat tonight, both in destroying Trump/Vance systematically in an epic takedown and then delivering some soaring rhetoric that gets the place going wild. Then Shapiro will probably crib the 2004 Obama speech, but it’ll be a high quality knock off.

Tough spot for Pelosi sandwiched between them and Bill. I assume he’ll focus on the middle class economy, and probably not hit the same crescendos as Pete and Shapiro, given that he is right before Walz.

ok I didn’t remember AP making the same call, but if both Fox and AP both made the same call then it seems pretty massively less likely to be a bad call

I only vaguely remember it but wasn’t that early call based on some faulty data they got from one district?

This DNC thing seems to be going way better than I expected, curious to see what kind of a post-con bump they get.

https://twitter.com/leahfessler/status/1826346104822399183

Meanwhile Mike Lindell and Matt Walsh wander around freely

What’s the point of this, even? They’ve “infiltrated” the convention just to mill around?

I was actually gonna say tough spot for Shapiro having to follow Pete. I’m sure both know this is an audition for who is viewed as the potential future leader of the party.

Infiltrating the DNC and clowning on some politico or impersonating Vivek Ramaswamy like that one guy did is a fun prank, sneaking into the convention and just being there is supposed to be what exactly?

Bill’s voice is rough here. Do the Dems not know what a throat lozenge is?

1 Like

Bill Clinton was elected president 32 years ago, and looks pretty old up there. He is over 3 years younger than Joe Biden and as he just referenced, younger than Donald Trump.

4 Likes