2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Another trip report on signs. We drove from Philly to Boston burbs yesterday plus some driving around out here.

We’ve seen like 10 political signs. We went up to the Tappan Zee bridge and across northern Connecticut plus in some burbs that seem fairly woodsy/rural outside Boston.

Of the 10, probably 5/5 or maybe 6/4 Harris. Of course if we count sign size, Trump wins.

So very different than 2016 and 2020.

I just don’t get any sense he wins PA. Vibes I guess.

Have been in some very red areas (pennsyltucky) and see no enthusiasm in terms of signs.

Here in Williamson County Texas I see fairly few political signs of any sort. In my neighborhood there are two Harris, 1 RFK (these people are bad dog owners), and one very obvious full Trump cult member. Definitely massively less Trump activity than 2020.

Wait, just got passed by a MuskTruck on 95 outside Boston. Not sure what that means.

That reminds me I have now seen one woman in a Cybertruck. Driving it by herself bizarrely. Very square and unhappy looking probably a slightly stupider / slightly richer than average Trumpy Karen. I bravely predicted MLM stickers on the back of the car to my wife as we drove past but I was sadly incorrect. That would have made it funny enough to post immediately.

This Arlington story is sort of blowing up today and it’s pretty bonkers. The top headline in CNN is “Army rebukes Trump campaign for Arlington National Cemetery incident”

When I originally saw the picture of him laying the wreath, my reaction was: Wait, is this an official ceremony? If so, why is Donald Trump allowed to participate and use it for a photo-op? And if it’s a campaign event orchestrated by the Trump campaign, why do I see uniformed US Marines participating?

But it gets wilder. Apparently a woman was possibly shoved to the ground (?!) by Trump staffers but doesn’t want to press charges for fear of retaliation from MAGA shitheads.

From TPM:

The first hint that anything else had happened on the visit came in a brief NPR article, published a day later, which reported that cemetery staff had sought to prevent the campaign from violating the law by holding a political event on the cemetery grounds. The details were limited but it seemed a verbal altercation became violent and two Trump campaign staffers physically assaulted a cemetery employee. The impression I got from the article was that they likely shoved the woman to the ground. But the details were cryptic.

What wasn’t cryptic was the Trump campaign’s wildly over-the-top response. Campaign spokesman Stephen Cheung denied a physical altercation had taken place and claimed the campaign was prepared to prove its claim with the release of a video tape. “We are prepared to release footage if such defamatory claims are made.”

He then proceeded to make a series of bizarre claims suggesting the attacked employee was actually some random person undergoing some sort of psychotic break. “The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and for whatever reason an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode, decided to physically block members of President Trump’s team during a very solemn ceremony.”

Later the campaign’s hyper-aggressive co-chair Chris LaCivita gave an even wilder comment to the Times, calling the assaulted cemetery employee “a despicable individual” and “a disgrace” who “does not deserve to represent the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery.”

At a speech Wednesday, vice presidential candidate JD Vance doubled down on the campaign’s defense, seeming to imply that campaign staffers were right to assault the cemetery employee. He said VP Harris could “go to hell” because of the backlash Trump is facing.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trumps-arlington-cemetery-campaign-event

No fucking chance there’s that many Gallego/Trump voters. Kari Lake is the most MAGA piece of garbage there is. Those folks are not voting for the brown guy over her.

Ah, right. That’s more believable. Wild, but in the realm of believable.

Georgia ballot was finalized today. I’m happy to report that the Heritage Foundation was not successful in keeping Kamala Harris off of the ballot.

7 Likes

I could buy the Nevada split is sexist independents who don’t like crazy MAGA candidates but don’t think women should be president. Nevada would have to be something else. No tax on tips, perhaps.

I’m a little worried this will backfire into “Why weren’t Joe and Kamala there? They must hate our troops like they hate America!”

I went on a short trip last week to central MN and a million trump signs, just gross stuff. But some dems/DFL stuff too.

Official harris/walz signs don’t come out for another week then we’ll see I guess. House a block down from me put up a trump sign in our +40 biden district and “notable LGBT hot spot” suburb of minneapolis, so I’m sure they’ll be very popular.

Let’s play the “if the Democrat did it” game on this story.

3 Likes

The mask has really come off from the media for those paying attention. They want Trump to win very badly and they’re doing their level best to help him.

To be fair to cnn even though I was dunking on them other day over the indictment being Harris problem but this is about as damning headline we could hope for but obviously nobody cares

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty hard to argue that that article is good or helpful for Trump.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1829170688726577600?t=fDzq_Ip5q7yjdhw1xV_XwA&s=19

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1829226363674615884

Really looks like we suffered a NEGATIVE bounce off the convention. Swing voters saw two normal people who want to help normal people and said, “Fuck that shit, I want the Orange rapist who hates the brown and black people and does the crimes. MURICA FUCK YEAH BABY!”

Lol Missouri

https://x.com/umichvoter/status/1829114491600056757

I guess we now know the proper political triangulation to 400 EVs, 70 senate seats, and 300 House seats: pro choice, pro union, pro Social Security, pro death penalty on sight for suspected illegal immigration, taking a strong look at the prospects of carpet bombing Mexico, and no tax on tips!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ, we’ve literally got like a deep-fried Turduckenshit (that’s chicken shit inside of duck shit inside of turkey shit) against a PB&J, and moderates are like “Tough choice, but I’m really leaning towards the deep fried feces!”

So, my fellow Californians, when do we start the secession movement?

Eh, I’d say it’s a combo of the RFK dropout taking effect, plus what others were saying, that our “convention bump” was basically Biden’s dropout and Kamala’s pre-coronation, and the actual convention did nothing to add to it.

Feeling like polling is kind of all over the place last half week