2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Can’t look into the validity of republican fear mongering when youre busy doing a deep dive into Mcdonals employment records.

Yeah the whole Venezuelan gang story was made up by the slumlord’s PR company.

Unfortunately the press fear mongering machine extends way beyond the US. Yesterday I received a message from my dad who lives in South America with a local newspaper link to this story and saying that it’s so scary that this gang is in Denver and that he hopes I’m safe from them. I told him that it’s all made up BS and that the city is fine. I didn’t tell him I work half a mile away from that building because I didn’t know if he was close to his fainting couch.

3 Likes

Old guy at a poker table yesterday started talking about the Aurora takeover.

Additionally, he claimed the Hell’s Angels were on their way to the town in order to handle the situation. He said he would gladly pay for PPV coverage of the battle between the bikers and the Venezuelan gangsters. :harold:

These people actually think life is some kind of cheesy action movie. Real life is a mixture of Veep and Scorsese of course.

https://x.com/13abc/status/1710324182053957787

1 Like

A drug kingpin convicted in the murder of a federal law enforcement officer had his life sentence commuted by President Donald Trump on January 20, 2021, the last day of Trump’s term. Now, the man set free by Trump, Jaime A. Davidson, was accused by authorities of strangling his wife during a 2023 dispute, convicted by a jury of domestic violence, and, in July 2024, sentenced to three months in jail, according to court records obtained by Popular Information. Davidson’s reoffence has not been previously reported.

I don’t believe incidents like this are a reason to oppose clemency…but the guy rageposting “KAMALA LET IN MS-13 GANG MEMBERS TO KIDNAP YOUR DAUGHTERS” all over Truth Social sure does

1 Like

I too would pay to see a bunch of middle-aged Hells Angel lunks try to fight a Venezuelan street gang.

1 Like

Just to highlight the media’s complicity in this, I spent maybe 30 minutes on that. To meet journalistic standards like the ones I was taught in college, I’d have had to make a handful of phone calls ( < 1 hour), source it a little better (1-2 hours), and then write and edit (1-2 hours). So like five hours all-in, not even a full day’s work. And that includes taking the time to call the slumlord for comment so he can tell me to go fuck myself.

Granted that’s five hours spread over a couple days, waiting for callbacks and such, but it’s far from a Herculean effort and is the least we should expect of a Third Estate, if we had one.

2 Likes

Going to be a big story all the way till Election Day probably, it’s definitely more sensational than the CARAVANS!

Dems should send Tim Walz to the building to investigate and force a news cycle about how it’s bullshit. Kamala can say something like, “They said it wasn’t safe for white people, and we knew it was a lie so we sent the whitest person we know. He taught the people living there how to clean their gutters since their slumlord doesn’t, showed them how to withhold rent to cover it, and they fed him arepas!”

3 Likes

Dems need to attack him on this to both sides the “they let undocumented immigrants kill people” bullshit. And I’m not against clemency, but I am quite skeptical of giving it to drug kingpins who kill feds.

The original prosecutor said: "If you ask me for a list of people who nobody should give a presidential commutation to,” Duncan told the New York Times in 2021, “Davidson would pretty much be at the top of the list.

Like the law and order back the blue candidate let a cop killer drug kingpin out of jail and be strangled his wife. Imagine, my friends, fucking imagine if Kamala did that.

Trump is surging in Nate Silver’s model.

https://x.com/IAPolls2022/status/1831009262039928856

Has anybody ever asked Trump to explain this pardon? It seems pretty egregious.

It’s a little misleading to call him a “cop-killer” (he wasn’t actually present at the fatal robbery) but in this case I’ll allow it.

I found this NYT article on the case and the clemency:

Non-paywall link

Mr. Davidson, too, had ties to the Trump administration: His longtime lawyer was part of a team that represented Donald Trump Jr. in recent years. But of the 143 people granted clemency by the president last week, he was one of few who had been convicted in a violent crime case and the only one who had been connected with a murder.

What a great system we have in US of A #1.

Any explanation why that is because she’s in pretty good shape in the polls right now and trending in the right direction at that. Is this still him modeling in a post convention bump and penalizing Kamala for getting it early?

False news (well it’s true he surged in the model but the surge is false news). Nate already covering his ass today

• First, I’ll reiterate the difference between our polling averages or snapshot of the current state of race and our forecast of the November result, which have begun to differ since the Democratic convention but will eventually come back into line;
  • Second, I’ll explain why it’s hard to know the “real” state of the race — what default conditions are when there isn’t a bunch of crazy news happening;
  • And third, I’ll work through what will happen if Kamala Harris holds her current position in polls. Hint: she’ll eventually become the favorite again. This last part is paywalled.
1 Like

ezgif-6-b4c79af150

Yes it’s primarily the convention adjustment

https://x.com/IAPolls2022/status/1831084991402664392

Wtf is this poll that N8 is sharing? Poorly ranked by 538, but sure toss it in there chief. Let’s not forget he works for a company backed by Thiel.

Don’t worry about this, basically Nate’s model expected a convention bump that Kamala likely already got by announcing and will go back to her slowly if she maintains her lead in the polls.

This is classic FPS bullshit modeling from Nate.

1 Like
5 Likes