2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Stop worrying, Kamala is crushing

Based on what?

Vibes, enthusiasm gap, living and breathing in the real world

2 Likes

I agree. Hopefully this cycle is the death knell for lolpollaments.

I’m inclined to agree. Though I don’t know quite what to make of how motivating Trump and all his PACS ratcheting the racism/fear mongerint to 1000 is going to be for normies. Also, my district that Biden carried by FORTY is beyond flooded with Trump signs. Just doesn’t make sense but doesn’t help the vibes much.

https://x.com/jeffflake/status/1840347576823902338?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

3 Likes

https://x.com/davebautista/status/1840436661143937304?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

3 Likes

In the real world, I’m hearing more vocal Trump support than I had the last month or so. I don’t know, I’m like not wired to base this stuff on vibes. Enthusiasm gap is a thing, and I can see some reasons why polling might miss, but the polling definitely seems to be shifting towards Trump in sync with his ramp up of racism and bigotry.

On the other hand I’m seeing rural white men on TikTok speaking out for Kamala and Walz.

1 Like

Zero enthusiasm for Trump

https://x.com/mikesington/status/1840491844938948777?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

2 Likes

Or maybe he’s just broke, and big venues aren’t letting him stiff them.

Like a BAWZ

https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1840435252923080980

3 Likes

Their trolling game is absolutely top notch

1 Like

Saw some MSNBC segment interviewing Hispanic voters in Nevada.

One lady is voting for Trump because of how good it was economically when he was president.

Jfc. He fucked her on taxes. He fucked everyone on COVID. He fucked over immigrants and he doesn’t really care if they are legal or not, just how brown they are. The whole fucking world had inflation. Biden/Harris admin did better than anybody else.

I am so fucking sick of this narrative. We fucking stupid as a people and deserve what’s coming if he gets back in.

5 Likes

I mean advertisers figured out forever ago that if you just say something enough times it becomes true. Took politics a while to catch up, but it’s great to be here!

Accelerationists about to score a huge dub.

I think the idea that Rs are inherently better for economy has been around for decades right? Doesn’t seem anything new

Dems need to be taking this list of CEOs backing Kamala and using it to refute the economy bullshit, although the counter attacks from Trump are very easy from there. “She’s for corporations, I’m for you.”

It’s a lose lose situation. They make shit up, we refute it with facts - they spin it. We let it go unabated and they win messaging. We call them out on lies - FAKE NEWS! SHE’S LYING!

They’ve literally brainwashed the dumbest, least educated people in our country. There’s not much we can do at this point other than hope that enough reasonable people show up to vote.

1 Like

Like the editors at NYT?

3 Likes

Right now it sure looks like the dominant issues for the remaining five weeks will be:

1. Immigration
  2. Iran (mainly Dems “weakness” on Iran)
  3. Failed response to Helene
    (Big gap down to #4)
  4. Abortion

And the port strike is lurking as a major contender to jump to the podium here.

I’m not sure how Kamala can combat this. Trump’s batshit craziness on #1 keeps it in the news, and the others are legitimately newsworthy and factual/truthful answers on #2 and #3 will lose to simple bullshit. The Biden response to the Port Strike seems like a large misstep, he needs to play his hand right here or we are probably fucked.

I’m not sure what Kamala’s best move even is, she needs this election to be fought on issues she can win, and right now that looks almost impossible. I am sadly coming to the conclusion that enough of our country is driven by fear that immigration and foreign policy are always going to be losing issues for us.

Kamala needs to reclaim the news cycle boldly, and I’m not sure how. Otherwise we’re drawing to a big polling miss due to surging registration among Democratic voters. It’s possible, but I don’t want to be hanging our hats on that.

And Walz is now going to be forced to spend a lot of time tonight on the Middle East. Not ideal.

The hurricane stuff is interesting because even if people upset at admin lot these rural Rs might have a lot of barriers to vote so wonder if will have suppressed turnout in a bunch of the most rural mountain counties