2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

Maybe Sonia Sotomayor can retire and Biden can nominate Kamala Harris to the Supreme Court.

:vince1:

4 Likes

Plus, as the article mentions, Newsom or any of the others could very well say “no thanks” to jumping into a race where they only have a few months to erase an already-solid deficit.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I’ve been thinking. Much better written than me obviously.

The frame of reference that I’m more familiar with is a college football coaching search. It’s a bad loss so there’s agitation for a change, but there’s a big risk for it. Sometimes you stick it out and win it all (Harbuagh, Kirby) but most times it’s not good or somewhere in-between.

Yeah and someone like Pete seems so pragmatic if they wanted him to run and he didn’t like the numbers he would probably knife Biden to make Kamala president and take the fall so he could try later

Harris makes sense though because now probably her peak electability so she would be excited I assume

I’m sorry but this is straight up naive. They’ll call in democrat inflation. They’ll find something to go after Newsom about. They’ll rail against California coastal elites and yadayadayada. You cannot live in fear of what the dumbshit republicans will say. You have to grab the narrative by the throat and do something about it.

1 Like

The difference is inflation is actually hurting a lot of people, so it’s not random dumb shit Republicans say. You can throw out all the economic data you want, and ignore the arguments others of us have made, but at the end of the day the opinion of average people is that inflation sucks and hurt them. It’s much easier for someone like Newsom to make a, “Biden did well on the economy overall, but…” argument. And the but can be inflation and housing, and he can be mildly critical.

1 Like

Those points about inflation will still be tied to whoever jumps on. You cannot just allow them to set their messaging

1 Like

Wonder if this an advisor trying to knife Biden with a sort fake leak describing unrelated plans or if he might actually drop out

—-

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden is expected to discuss the future of his re-election campaign with family at Camp David on Sunday, following a nationally televised debate Thursday that left many fellow Democrats worried about his ability to beat former President Donald Trump in November, according to five people familiar with the matter.

Biden’s trip was planned before Thursday’s debate. He and first lady Jill Biden are scheduled to join their children and grandchildren there late Saturday.

we’re way past that point

They’re citing five sources, so it’s not one advisor trying to knife him.

Fair guess I meant that if they already had this family gathering planned could get one or two trying to force him out by saying they discussing his future and the others would be like yeah I’m sure they would discuss all sort of things

Mostly was curious if the whole family gathering was already planned or not

If the choice is between Biden stays in (most likely outcome), or Biden drops out and Kamala is the nominee (second most likely outcome), which one is the less bad outcome?:

• Biden Stays in.
  • Kamala for President!
0 voters

Because I legitimately don’t know, but I think those are the only two plausible outcomes here.

Honestly feel like I need to see some non-cherry picked for good or bad videos of her doing stuff in last 6 months. Honestly have no feeling for what she like lately, I know she did go to that big peace summit in place of Biden couple weeks ago so not like they hiding her but I just don’t know much about her currently

What I know about Kamala is that her performance in the 2020 primary campaign was so bad that she dropped out before Iowa. While Mayor Pete was near the top of all the early states, and likely would have won the nomination in a world where Biden didn’t run.

It’s basically unquestionable that he’s a much better candidate than her, but the eDems have apparently decided it’s her turn if Biden steps aside.

She’s the sitting Vice President. Yes, she’s a much worse candidate than Pete. But I don’t think it’s about it being “her turn.”

1 Like

that only matters because you choose to think it does

1 Like

the ONLY argument for Harris that actually matters is “women and/or POC will get mad if you pass over her” - and note that whether this is actually the case or not isn’t actually known.

1 Like

Yeah we need polling on this. It also hinges upon whether Kamala would go along with it - another candidate with her blessing is VERY different than her saying “they ratfucked me”.

1 Like

don’t worry guys, trump didn’t gain anything from the debate except in one relatively obscure dimension

https://x.com/Heminator/status/1807251194709942507

1 Like