2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Kamala Got Her Vibes Back With a Miller High Life

One of the ways Dems are shooting themselves in the foot right now is where they’ve allowed the entire narrative about this to go. You can’t say this is the most important election in the history of our country, that the future of our democracy depends on it, and then allow the discussion to be about peoples feelings, whose turn it is, or who would be better off waiting until 2028. That tells the voting public the stakes aren’t actually that high, and it’s not a big deal if we lose. We need to show how important this election is by putting out the absolute best ticket we can, one that will campaign vigorously, energize the base, and lead us to victory.

With that in mind, sorry but we need to convince Michelle to run.

Dem leadership needs to sit down with the Obamas and flat out say, I’m sorry we have to ask this, I know you don’t want the job, and I know you don’t want to run for political office. But your country needs you and it’s time to run. No one will energize this campaign, the base, and GOTV efforts as much as you will. No one else is as popular . No one else can deliver a winning message as well. It’s flat out a question of whether they believe in duty to country or not. If this election is important as we have been told it is, she’s the only choice.

3 Likes

I don’t think it does. I’d rather it not be her. Delegates to the convention think it does. Other potential candidates think it does.

I mean there is a pretty robust history of vice presidents running for president so if something crazy happens like a president essentially stepping down to health condition I don’t think it’s a super spicy take to think that having the VP go for would be what most the country would expect and might be a reasonable path. Obviously problematic if nobody likes her but this kind of a battlefield promotion situation

1 Like

BetOnline Hypothetical matchups

Trump -300 Kamala +200

Michelle -175 Trump +135

Betting markets think Kamala is the worst replacement option being mentioned, Michelle the best.

Seems crazy to me that people so bullish on Obama but if we got through this with Michelle being president that would be absolute chefs kiss trolling of Trumpers

I guess I really don’t know enough about Harris to understand why folks so down on her, feels like a good portion of population would be like O I don’t know who she is but she vice president so sounds fine to me once it came time to an actual election

1 Like

She’s a woman.

Also she’s a pretty shitty public speaker.

It was already planned. But I think when five people say they’re discussing that, in the context of the current moment, it’s almost certainly legit.

I think the only way she gets passed over is if it’s a somewhat open process (ie a debate or two, delegates vote) so it’s not like they ratfucked her, she can compete in that process. I have to have enough faith in women and people of color that if she bombs in that process the way she did in 2020, they aren’t going to hold that against the party.

I also think it would be fairly easy for the nominee to win back those core constituencies given a couple months to contrast themselves with Trump, and a good VP choice.

2 Likes

This is a crazy scenario to ponder, knowing all the reporting on how much Michelle Obama hates being involved in national politics and how much she’d hate running for president. On the other hand, imagine being her and being shown a bunch of internal polls where everyone else is beating Trump by like 4% and you’re beating him by like 8%. You know what Trump represents and the stakes, how do you say no?

1 Like

The problem is: think about who Dem “leadership” is. It’s Schumer, Pelosi,etc. lololol all these fucks care about is personally having power until they die we are so fucked

1 Like

She exists in the context of all in which she lives and what came before her.

1 Like

Just did some highly scientific research on Google and people definitely were shook by the debate

So WW3 is fought with allies fascist France, fascist United States, some other Fascist European Powers including maybe Germany again, against, who? Canada?

Canada is voting in the fascists soon too :harold:

Australia & New Zealand?

Some fun tidbits in the NYT article today:

1. Biden’s family is urging him to stay in the race, and the most adamant is Hunter.

2. Joe has leaned on Hunter for advice for a long time. Lollllllllllllllllllll awesome! So the scandals over Hunter getting money to influence Joe, and thus Joe being complicit, are actually for real?

3. Joe is now using a teleprompter for fundraising events, Biden has been “scared” away from a more informal approach in recent months.

4. Biden is too proud to drop out without a “dignified” way out in which he can take credit for ousting Trump and restoring the country.

:harold:

That’s an absurd leap, time for a break dude

This is most frustrating part to me, he needs to own the debate was a disaster and do something high variance in next 7 days like some 4 hour live questions press conference. Or doing neuropsychological testing live on air with challenge to Trump or something.

If he heroically performs then narrative changed if he crashes and burns again then give someone else a shot. But just limping along is woat

OK, they may be true. I went from 100% sure they were false to, maybe they’re true. Regardless, leaning on a recovering drug addict for advice as President of the United States is insane… holy shit.

Reducing Bidens relationship to his son in this context as a drug addict is shitty and simple. It’s also some random anonymous account.

This is coaching search nonsense basics. Don’t buy into random shit, and certainly don’t build on them. You’ll be nuts in two days.

At the most basic level, you should seriously question anything that the NYT says, who has been on shitty terms with Bidens camp for awhile and is unlikely to have the super in scoop

https://x.com/umichvoter/status/1807404208271900678

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1807507579842482212

This appears to use different methods/criteria from the Leger poll that was 50-42 Trump. Not sure if that’s a NY Post thing or what.