2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Debate Night - Walz vs Weirdo

Biden is President today so actually would be relevant to go so far as to mention his obvious unfitness in the article about the Supreme Court ruling giving Presidents virtually unchecked power.

He can’t duck his unfitness by pointing to other shiny objects nor should a credible press that is doing its job allow him too.

Well Biden is clearly much more obviously gone than Trump even though Trump is also obviously less than he was previously (which isn’t saying much). So it makes sense his decline is covered more, everyone knows Trump is a moron and Bidens decline seems abrupt and severe.

“So I said, ‘Let me ask you a question, and [the guy who makes boats in South Carolina] said, ‘Nobody ever asked this question,’ and it must be because of MIT, my relationship to MIT —very smart. He goes, I say, ‘What would happen if the boat sank from its weight? And you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?’”

“So I said, so there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards or here, do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking? Water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted, or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted? Because I will tell you, he didn’t know the answer. He said, ‘You know, nobody’s ever asked me that question.” I said, ‘I think it’s a good question.’ I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water. But you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted, I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark. So we’re going to end that.”

It’s like comparing which of your shits is prettier man. And no i don’t think Biden is capable of reading those sentences much less having them come out of his brain.

He literally speaks in pure gibberish and can barely read the teleprompter.

2 Likes

Our resident medical expert being the biggest stan for a person who probably has trouble doing basic life functions at 81 being the president until 2029 is fucking incredible by the way.

1 Like

…and this was the piece mentioned here where the whole thing is a lie, the author is a weird Christian nationalist dude who voluntarily chose to adopt a look at some point in his life that readers can draw their own conclusions from and, crucially to the subject of his opinion piece, does vote!!!

AOC coming out for Biden is making me rethink my priors on whether Biden should drop out tbh.

AOC has long ago sold her soul to the DemE crew man. That dream died and not that recently.

I dunno:

If she follows through on this she’s doing more than, like, any other member of the Democratic Party on trying to hold the court accountable

Good interview with Congressman Adam Smith laying out the case that Joe’s gotta go.

I have literally never heard of this guy and I would snap take him as a replacement for Biden on the ticket.

Yes, it is a distraction from talking about our message, from talking about Donald Trump. But given President Biden’s performance in the debate, what has happened since then, we can’t do that. I want the most effective messenger possible because the stakes could not be higher.

Oddly the farther you are from Democratic leadership the more likely you are to speak out against this insane shit. Probably a coincidence.

1 Like

IMG_0422

2 Likes

They may be mostly relative unknowns, but I think 4 of the 9 public House Dems are Ranking Members of committees, including Smith (Armed Services) and Nadler (Judiciary).

True. Nadler honestly surprised me a bit. If you had a line for Nadler telling Joe to fuck off while AOC was still trying to sell people on him it would have been insane odds.

2 Likes

Biden speaks incoherently about subject matters that are relevant. Trump speaks somewhat coherently about completely ridiculous random shit.

https://x.com/AlexThomp/status/1810493454616543544

Why do you keep posting Trump propaganda?

1 Like

This but unironically. Posting anonymous Murdoch funded stories is a path one can take

That quote from Trump isn’t “somewhat” coherent. Good god come on man. That one quote is worse than anything Biden has ever said, ainec