2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

BREAKING: Beyonce will be sharing a stage with Kamala in Houston.

1 Like

There we go that’s really why they’re going to Houston.

Can someone please explain to me why this matters?

I’m not falling for this bit again…

Good news is she can lose the Sun Belt and MI and still win if she can hold on to GA and PA. TX going blue I simply do not believe for a minute.

Yeah we aren’t winning state wide. We could pick up a meaningful number of state offices and the senate seat though. Ted Cruz is absolutely going to run several points behind Trump. He’s fucked if Trump wins TX by 5% or less.

Texas is winnable as a long term goal and the Democrats should be investing heavily. The big key though would for sure be federal election reforms that force Texas to run free and fair elections. You do that and this state becomes very hard for the GOP to win actually. Texas is ~90% urban. It’s a red state because state politics were setup to be a single party state at the founding and that’s what it’s been ever since. The incumbency advantage if you let Texas politicians run the elections in a traditional way is borderline insurmountable.

The good news is that once it goes blue it’ll very likely be more reliable than NY. You make voter registration automatic in Texas and voting super easy and it’s absolutely over for the GOP statewide… and once the Democrats get the opportunity to start actually helping the citizens of the state the snowball will start and that’ll likely go on for decades. It’s just how politics are here.

1 Like

100% this. Also, how are they modeling people who don’t vote along party lines? Surely she’ll peel off 3 - 5% of the GOP registered voters in some states.

I have some bad news for you, she’s 100% still voting for Trump.

Probably, but the fact that she was in tears over the possibility of someone rounding up her son makes me think at worst she’ll write in Ronald Reagan. Who knows.

Why do you get to determine this?

Pretty tilting tbh.

If Trump wins , not letting my mother off the hook because she didn’t vote for him THIS time.
The rest of her life is endless criticism for being a fascist nazi. Gonna make her as uncomfortable as Trump makes the enemy within.

Doubt it matters that much but is certainly stunning to see the gulf in the quality and breadth of Harris endorsements compared to Trump. Like even though I hate musk I will give Trump that it’s a “quality” endorsement but after that it’s literally like kid rock

This has pretty much been my approach.

You have to throw a few bothsides bones in there, and balance it with some calm messaging.

I also tell her to pray on it. But I’ve also pointed out, many times, who actually goes to church and lives the family life, despite the messaging.

1 Like

I’ve given up on my parents because our relationship is more important. It’s REALLY hard but we rely on them for childcare, picking my son up from school etc. so I’m kind of stuck in that regard. Could we make it work? Sure, but it’d involve my wife quitting her job and we’d be dead broke with worse benefits.

I literally cannot get a word in with them. Both of them will just start yelling at me as soon as I bring up anything “political,” and to them everything is political. It’s sad that we have what essentially amounts to a transactional relationship at this point but that’s how it is. My 5 year old has more common sense than them and knows trump is bad and should be in jail.

7 Likes

Beyoncé is actually confirmed this time.

WSJ Poll just another right wing poll as expected.

Stop letting right wing disinfo get you down.

https://x.com/matthewjdowd/status/1849408731961823717?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

2 Likes

TIPP continues to move towards Harris

https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1849405578159796566?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

2 Likes

https://x.com/usa_polling/status/1849475865295360143?s=46&t=ECIc-ET7JxxiLXr8SgrQ7Q

1 Like

At least one fewer Trump voter in Lehigh than expected!

I got good vibes tbh, panicky and scared ain’t going to do nothing for me so I choose optimism.

3 Likes