Club Soccer - LOL Chelsea

Several games today. Team America (Leeds) need to get points at home against a struggling West Ham side at 2:45 pm eastern. Tottenham will probably find a way to blow it at Crystal Palace, or win by 5. Juventus has McKennie playing right now.

1 Like

Watching Juve today and holy shit serie A blows compared to the EPL.

1 Like

Harry Kane is an assassin.

Kane is so good and while I do love Sonny, to me it’s totally bewildering that he gets 10x the online love as Kane because Kane is 100x the player. It’s also low-key aggravating that half the folks who thought Kane was a one-season wonder still low-key believe that he’s a one-season wonder times eight, but whatever, they don’t know what the fuck they’re watching. Kane IS an assassin, and he’s also the best playmaker on spurs, with a teeming & quivering soccer brain that is going to keep him productive (in the right spot) for another five or six years. I was gutted for him at the WC. I hope spurs somehow sort their shit out so he wins something important, and I wouldn’t have begrudged him if he’d left for city or leaves for bayern. He can do whatever the fuck he wants, and he should do, because the same braindead fans are gonna badmouth him no matter what he decides.

1 Like

That’s because Kane has the most hateable face ever, and you can only hate son if you have a hole in your heart.

1 Like

I don’t think kane has a hateable punchable face from the ted cruz / martin shrkreli / bob sugar phylum, but he does have a sort of uncanny valley waxing crescent moon picassoface that isn’t helping. But Kane is a wild animal and wild animals fight each other with their faces, so I get it

1 Like

My hottest take during the offseason was that while Son has been the best LW in the PL, and depending on how you categorize Salah, maybe the best winger in the league for ~5 years but Martinelli would overtake him soon. Its pretty much born out.

Spurs are in such a weird spot. Books give you like 20% for top 4, but its not that bad imo. But watching the team is a chore and they dont have the same upward trajectory we have seen from arsenal/newcastle and perhaps even united, though their recent run is mostly schedule related.

1 Like

Rest of year predictions:
EPL

League winner: city
Rest of t4:
Arsenal, liverpool, newcastle

Poty: Haaland
Golden boot: Haaland
Poty: haaland
Ypoty: Saka

Serie A:
Winner: Napoli

La Liga
Winner: Madrid

Ligue 1:
Winner: psg

Bundesliga:
Bayern

Champions League:
Winner: Madrid

Europa League
Winner: Barcelona

FA Cup
Winner: Manchester United

1 Like

What about Wrexham?

:leolol:

(fifth-tier Wrexham beat EFL Championship team Coventry City in the FA Cup)

The interesting thing here is that teams split the gate revenue (and maybe tv money, not sure there) of these matches so lower teams love to be given games at big PL teams. They can get a million or two from these matches, which might cover their entire wages for a year plus other stuff.

1 Like

So Everton’s exec people can’t go to the game today due a threat to their safety, which is fucking awful.

Also, city got screwed

Lloris… I see the deflection but dude

London didn’t blow up right? NBC saying the whole stream is down.

Spurs!

Spurs…

fucking spurs could feel it coming after the spurs second goal

lloris is awful

It’s just not working with this manager

Bruh

brutal goalkeeping from de gea, I’m sorry that really wasn’t that much of a shot