Club Soccer - LOL Chelsea

ugliest difficult header goal I’ve seen lol

My somewhat hot take this spring that drove Marty nuts was that Arsenal were 3 players away from challenging for the title.

Obviously no one expected this season to be here, but can langer a lot.

1 Like

Tottenham game was boring af, but at least the 4K broadcast and commentary was great

McKennie rumored to Arsenal, which seems insane tbh

Off to Leeds as well.

Dont think we really are in for that kind of player at all.

The midfielders we have been linked to are Zubi from sociedad and Rice for the Summer
Both are top.

Leeds would make sense. Him and Adams go well together

1 Like

538 has Everton as the nost likely club to go down.

Manager just fired.

Fans revolting.

This is very grim.

1 Like

dortmund is pure chaos and i love it

I’m thinking of picking a random EPL team to be a fan of. I don’t want to pick one of the traditional powers or a team currently on top of the standings. I also don’t want to pick a team that looks likely to be relegated this season. I’ve basically settled on either Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest. Seems like Crystal Palace is likely the better option, or maybe I should just claim both teams? More experienced soccer people, give me your pros and cons.

my advice is to become a sponge, just watch a bunch of games with an open mind and get to know the players and the team cultures and then…wait until you feel a tractor beam. Don’t force it, the tractor beam will come. Eh I guess that’s a mixed metaphor with the sponge. So ok: wait until you feel a gravitational pull. That’s the feeling of you becoming a fan and going right down the drain. Might take a couple years. You’re doing the right thing though, the prem is awesome—good luck

4 Likes

Arsenal have been terrific all season and Arsenal @ Leeds is the only match off the top of my head where they completely lucked into a good result. Sure their timing is good as so many other top teams are down, but spurs could have capitalized on that and they didn’t. I hope Arsenal collapse, but anybody who wins the prem deserves to win it, and at the halfway point arsenal deserve to be winning, barf.

Spurs have been extra frustrating. Conte’s system is never gonna work right without elite wingbacks, and the collapse of Son / Dier / Lloris has been painful. But all is not lost. Spurs totally in the mix for T4. Udogie has looked good for Udinese. Of the non-Kane bright spots, for me Bentancur is the most important; without Bentancur, we’d be pressed off the pitch every game and Dier would be a living breathing turnstile. And without Kane? shudder

1 Like

I’d consider Fulham or Leeds if you want to add cheering for americans like Ream, Jedi, Marsch, etc to your list of things that would make you more invested.

Reyna with another game winner nbd

If you do this youre just picking a team that will be relegated within 5 years.

Would be silly. Follow what EM said.

I take great offense to your trashing of my newfound team! But yeah EM advice was solid.

Yeah the key is to start watching arsenal when they were the most fun team to watch and really good, then cheer for them.

I binge on the highlights on YouTube and haven’t felt a need to pick a team yet. I just want to see the ridiculous balls through the midfield that catch guys making their run in stride.

Another thing is if you support a mid to bottom table club you usually only get your good players for one year. Its like the current NCAAB platform.

Well Matt Turner is starting for Arsenal v Man City in a FA Cup match at noon pacific. Should be fun.

Asking a lot of Turners feet early